“Oh So Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 377 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Barbecue
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Quick Bites, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic, Southern Bar-B-Q. Meats are slow-smoked for 24 hours around the clock. All trimmings are made fresh from scratch daily (not one freezer in the whole building). Dine In, To Go, Drive Thru, Private Dining, or Catering available.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Oh So Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

If they ever built one of these establishments in Oklahoma I would be in trouble!! It was so good!! My wife, son and myself always order 3 different things off any menu so we can all sample a plethora of different things, however, this time, it was to good to share!! My son loved the pulled pork, my wife loved the catfish, I enjoyed the Cuban sandwich and we ALL loved the cheese biscuits!! Great food and friendly service made this stop a definite win!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Montgomery, Alabama
“the only Bar-B-Q place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

there is only one Bar-B-Q place to eat and that is Jim N Nicks... I have been a favorite since I lived in Birmingham over ten years ago!! The best sandwich and ribs you can put in your mouth and their sweet tea is ohhhh sooo good, too!

Visited September 2013
Alexandria, VA
“Best BBQ in Montgomery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The best BBQ in Montgomery, hands down! The Pulled pork sandwich and fries was just phenomenal. Topped the sandwich off the habanero BBQ sauce and some sweet tea what a meal! The cheese biscuits are delicious, the service is top-notch and finished up the meal with a slice of coconut pie. I have tried other BBQ restaurants in town and Jim and Nick's crushes the competition with flavor, service and simply delicious. Make this a regular stop and you won't regret it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dothan, Alabama
“Everybody's Happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

What a nice place to sit, relax and enjoy good food. From the moment we walked in the door we knew we were in for a treat. The first sign that this was the place to be was the crowd. Although quite busy on a Sunday afternoon, the hostess was able to get us seated quickly. Our waiter was terrific! He did everything just right to make sure everyone was completely satisfied. The BBQ dishes were awesome! The manager came by to check on us and gave us a bottle of their signature BBQ sauce. Without a doubt, everybody in our group left happy.

Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Not bad but not a hidden gem”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Rolling through town and used my smartphone to look for a local BBQ joint. Dreamland and Jim N' Nick's were always mentioned on a variety of sites. Wanted a local joint but instead located this place next to a Wal-Mart parking lot. Red flag #1. Place was a little too corporate looking for my taste but service was great, (Thanks Dee) and the restrooms were clean. I thought the meal was average for BBQ. I had a mixed of pork and beef ribs with a side of collards and creamed spinach. When I went to write this review I found that they are in 7 states with 32 locations. Now I understand the middle of the road meal. Definitely not a hidden gem but you'll get a decent meal and a decent price.

• Visited July 2013