At check in the night person had no idea what my priority card, it took 15 mins to check in while she typed in my info. Our original room was on the second floor, but the clerk did not mention that there was not an elevator until we walked to the end of the first floor and then came back to the front desk. We asked if there was a king foom on the first floor, we were told no so we carried our bags upstairs. In that room I used the bathroom to find the flushing mechanism was broken. Returned back to the desk to be given a NEW king room on the 1st floor. In this room we checked the bathroom only to find that the showerhead won't stay in place...we took a video of it falling even though there were zipties "holding" it in place. This is the handicap accessible room. The only reason we are staying the night is because we already drove 27 miles out of the way to stay brand loyal and don't want to pay the late check in fee for another hotel because of it being being after midnight now.
Unhappy Platinum Member.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Monroeville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Monroeville Hotel Monroeville
- Holiday Inn Monroeville
- Monroeville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Historic Monroeville, Monroe County is home to the 'To Kill a Mockingbird Museum' as well as other attractions including: the Alabama Writers Conference, the Historic Courthouse, Alabama River, various industries, Alabama Southern College and great shopping at the Vanity Fair Outlet. We are conveniently located at Hwy 84 and 21. The Holiday Inn Express Monroeville Hotel is also the perfect backdrop for relaxation or for business!Our hotel offers 41 spacious guest rooms and our suites , tastefully decorated to meet the needs of the corporate, group and leisure travelers. Two of our spacious suites offers whirlpools for your relaxation. We are Monroeville's newest and finest hotel. We are the only hotel to offer free High Speed DSL or wireless and interior corridors and the areas only 3 Diamond hotel in the AAA rating. In the summer take the heat away and enjoy a cool dip in our outdoor pool. Our staff takes pride in hosting true Southern hospitality with our signature deluxe Continental Breakfast Buffet. Join us daily from 6:00am to 9:30am and enjoy selections of fresh brewed coffee, juices, cereals, danish, bagels, fresh fruits and a hot breakfast for your needs and much more. We also will deliver a newspaper during the week to your room. Visit the other web pages for additional details of the many amenities and services provided that will cater to your needs. We also have a Hot Breakfast. WE DO NOT HAVE AN ELEVATOR, but bell service is FREE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Country Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.