“A convenient option for the business traveller.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd.

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd. to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   828 W. I-65 Service Road South, Mobile, AL 36609   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 65 hotels in Mobile
Norwood, Massachusetts
“A convenient option for the business traveller.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Mobile West I-65 Hilton Garden Inn while on a brief business trip. This located less than 10 miles from the Mobile Airport, is easy to find, and has lots of restaurants near by. It has plenty of amenities like complimentary wifi, a small bar w/ reasonable drink prices, in house dining, a small fitness center and out door pool. Though I didn't take advantage of the fitness area or the pool, the other amenities helped to make my business travel experience very smooth.
Though I had a reservation for a non-smoking room, upon arrival the front desk informed me that they only had 1 room left which was smoking. I was told by the front desk attendant that the room had been "ozoned" and if it wasn't to my liking I would have to find alternative arrangements. I was kind of shocked by his matter of fact response and poor customer service for a business class hotel. After traveling all day, I wasn't in the mood for making alternative plans.
As others have commented, the staff in the dining area are really friendly and provided a nice dose of Southern Hospitality. The dining menu is small and could certainly benefit from some healthier food choices, but again after traveling all day I wasn't in the mood.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We appreciate when a guest wants to share his or her experience about there stay. I truly apologize for the abrupt nature in which our desk agent delivered the information to you. We will use these comments as a training tool so that this does not happen again. I am delighted that you had a pleasant experience otherwise.

Again thank you for your comments and if you are ever back in Mobile please make the Hilton Garden Inn Mobile your hotel of choice.

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was in Mobile for just over week while my nephew was hospitalized. The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn were absolutely wonderful. My room was spacious, clean and made for a quiet reprieve from the hospital environment. If I am ever in Mobile again, this will be my first choice!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Crestview, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Nice hotel, nice room, nice staff. Everything just as I can expect. :) The traffic was a bit much but we were there to see Cirque Du Soliel Quidam so it was a bit thick anyhow. Nice hotel though, no complaints.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have traveled all over the world and travel weekly for business... I have never been treated as bad as this hotel! After 3 rooms they still could not get it right. Checked me into another guests room as well. WORST customer service in the industry. DO NOT stay here. I am even a Diamond member and NOT picky... Trust me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, March 22, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I apologize if you found that our staff did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize that you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Olive Branch, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This a very nice, well run Hilton property. All the staff are very courteous and helpful.

I will add that the girls that work the Bistro in the evening are a blast, and make the stay very enjoyable.

The only issue is the location is on a service road, and during morning rush hour, it's pretty tricky getting out on to the main road. Give yourself a few extra minutes when leaving at rush hour.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times. It's a typical Garden Inn which is why I stay here...no surprises. The staff is friendly, the rooms clean, hallways quiet. The have complementary copies of both USA Today and Wall Street Journal at the front desk at check out...nice touch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

During our family tragedy, the entire staff in Mobile was beyond exceptional! They also helped us with a hospital rate while we were helping my husband's best friend in the ICU. Thank You so MUCH! We needed someone to have our back while we were dealing with the worst possible time of our lives.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We are very sorry for your loss and I do hope your friend's recovery is going well. Thank you for your kind words even during this difficult time.

Rodney

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd.

Address: 828 W. I-65 Service Road South, Mobile, AL 36609
Location: United States > Alabama > Mobile
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Romantic Hotel in Mobile
#9 Business Hotel in Mobile
Hotel Class:3 star — Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd. 3*
Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West is located off I-65 in Mobile Alabama, eight miles from Mobile Regional Airport and a short drive from Downtown Mobile, in the heart of Mobile.Local Points of Interest:- Mobile Civic Center- Mobile Convention Center- Mobile Tennis Center- Bay Bears Stadium- Ladd Peebles Stadium- Colonial Bel-Air Mall and Springdale Mall- Bellingrath Gardens and Home- Bragg Mitchell Mansion- Historic House Museum- Conde-Charlotte Museum House (House of Five Flags)- Historic Fort Conde - Museum of Mobile- Dauphin Island- Gulf Shores- Alabama State Docks- USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park - Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail at Magnolia Grove- University of South Alabama- Spring Hill College ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West Hotel Mobile

If you own or manage Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.