“What a relief'!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd.

You added Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd. to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   828 W. I-65 Service Road South, Mobile, AL 36609   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
“What a relief'!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

After staying at Econo Lodge for $55 a night, this hotel although more $100 a night was well worth it!!!!! I could finally let my kids walk on the carpet without shoes on because it was clean, allow my 2 year old to take a bathe because it was clean, and finally sleep underneath the covers in the soft clean comforters!!! You pay for what you get!!!!! They had a pool but outdoor and its cold as heck!! The gym 24 hours and in a good location!! The bad part no free breakfast :'( but I would stay again...

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Fairly easy to find from highway. Although it is a bit odd the way the streets run. Comfortable, reasonable hotel. Friendly Staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds for a decent price. PLenty of parking and a nice atmosphere in the lobby. Only stayed one night

Room Tip: get r oom away from the road
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

As always, room and staff were great. Check in and check out are always quick, and there's no typical "fiddling around" by the front desk staff to find your reservation and get you on your way. Most of the time when I check in to a hotel I'm beat, and I just want a good nap. Hilton Gardens are always reliable for comfort, clean, and a good cookie!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hammond, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

While this is as expected from Hilton, a nice place to stay, there are many choices in this area of Mobile. There are probably less expensive choices in the same area. Also, there was no complimentary breakfast. Is this a new trend? This is definitely a business-traveler place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. As usual, the Garden Inn was very nice. Our room was fine and the lobby and common areas were nice. We ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant and the wait staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was good. The hotel is located near many, many restaurants and near two malls right off I-10.

Stayed September 2012
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I travel for work from time to time. Like home, I like everything to be clean. This Hilton Garden Inn was clean and cozy. The lobby area has many sitting areas decorated in neutral tones. There is a small resturant area for breakfast and a VERY modest bar if you would like to order a hamburger and beer in the evening. The hotel has a small "convenience" area with crackers, water or anything you need to buy that may have been forgotten. There is coffee in the lobby with convenient to-go cups. They hotel pool is small but sufficient for cooling off. The gym is decent, offering a couple of treadmills, ellipticals a bike and some free weights. The rooms are dim and cozy. The beds have an option to "pick your sleep style" like a sleep number bed, you can dial up the mattress to be firm or soft. The room also has a small working area and a small sitting area. I would recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

While not the best of locations, this HGI is very convenient to a variety of restaurant and business needs, and seems "like new" by most accounts. The lobby and rooms are well appointed and attractively decorated, and shine like most newer Hilton Garden Inns. I have no complaints and enjoyed my stay except for one, maybe two things. The bathrooms tubs are narrow and have steep slopes on the sides, which did cause me to slip and very nearly break my tailbone. It was a very unexpected and unpleasant experience (first time I have ever fallen in a bath/shower like that, and I am too young (46) to have those sorts of issues). So, be forewarned... be very careful while bathing! Also, I did have dinner at this HGI, and while the food was reasonably good, the attendant continually called me "babe", which I felt was not appropriate or professional. She seemed to think to think it was "cute". Aside from those two unpleasant events, I still mostly enjoyed my visit. I have stayed here previously, and it is one of the nicer hotels in the area (at least for Hilton brands).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Laura S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I want to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us and apologize for the unpleasant experience you had. I understand the bathroom furnishings were a concern, as it is for us as well. It is due to reviews such as yours and our desire to provide the safest condition possible that we have begun plans to renovate our restrooms. The health and safety of our guests is our number one priority and we do all we can to ensure your comfort. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us and provide feedback about our new guestroom experience; we would love to have you. Thank you!