“Not the Best...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Springdale Blvd, Mobile, AL 36606 (Formerly Comfort Suites Mobile)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Cleveland, Georgia
“Not the Best...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

... but I've stayed in worse. The rate was nice a low. The cleanliness was marginal, but acceptable. The maid appeared to have had a "Pledge Fetish". Everything was covered in a thick layer of the lemony stuff. Had to wipe down the surfaces of tables and night stands with a towel before I placed any of my stuff on them.

But, the staff was friendly and for the price, it was a pretty good deal. Cracker Barrel is behind the motel.

Room Tip: They have down and out rooms so you can park in front of your room, if you wish.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, August 21, 2014

Pete Patel
Comfort Suites, Mobile Alabama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Clanton, Alabama, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

checking into the room, we saw there was a loud party going on above us, and as we walked in our room, roaches were climbing the walls. needless to say, we asked for refund and found another place to stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Pete Patel
Comfort Suites, Mobile Alabama
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. The room was clean but I found hair in the bathroom on the floor and in the shower, so I had to clean up before we could get clean ourselves. Our family enjoyed the indoor pool, though the automatic heater did not really heat up the pool well until late afternoon/evening. The front desk said they could not adjust it. Breakfast was pretty good but the breakfast staff seemed non-existent. The trash was very full during the entire breakfast time. The staff would go to the kitchen to get a replacement if you requested something but didn't really seem to care about the guests. The man at the front desk during the afternoon and evening would sometimes disappear into the back and you would have to wait for him to come help. When we asked for extra pool towels, he told us to get them from the gym area because he didn't have any. The lady who worked the front desk in the morning hours played on Facebook the entire time. When I did hear her speak she was fussing at a cleaning staff employee for being late. She was doing this loudly and from the time the employee walking into the building until she went out of sight of the desk. I was not impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here one night and wouldn't stay another night.

The room we stayed in was somewhat clean, but not really clean. The pillows were very dirty and need to be washed or replaced. The mattress is worn out and pretty firm. All surfaces including the screen on the TV were not very clean and the shower tub needs some repairs. The shower head was the only great experience in the bathroom.

We choose the Suites over the regular Comfort Inn because we were expecting a higher quality, but I guess, we were wrong.

The breakfast on Sunday is only until 9am, and they start taking everything away by 8.50am already. So, if you are running a little late, you will be too late. The quality of the breakfast didn't
looked very high. There were some cooked eggs in the fridge, who know's, how long they were
in there already!

Overall, the stay was ok, but disappointing being in a Comfort Suites. Would definitively try another place first, before returning to this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Miroj R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
we are deeply sorry and our sincere apology for the inconvenience you had during your stay at the hotel. we would like to assure you that we try our best to make your future stay more comfortable and enjoyable.
comfort suites.
P.A
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Manager Steve ( I forgot the name but as far as I remember his name was Steve) was very accommodating when we checked inn around 7 p.m. Five star for his service. Breakfast area is small , there was not enough room so we have to take the breakfast in our room. Morning staff at front desk was not friendly. Not everybody is like Steve! Rooms were about an average. I think it is a good value of money, we paid around $55 for one night stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Rockwall, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a nice hotel, clean, reasonable price and in a safe area. It is not that far from the Magnolia Grove golf course on the Robert Trent Jones golf trail. The breakfast was average but it does the trick. There is lots to do in Mobile, but if golf is you thing Magnolia Grove golf course is a must play! they have 52 holes of golf.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Central location, neat parking places. The manager had a very friendly welcome and was super nice thro out. Clean room and bathroom, nice amenities, quiet place. Enjoyed my stay, would surely recommend

Stayed October 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65? Share your experiences!