You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Springdale Blvd, Mobile, AL 36606 (Formerly Comfort Suites Mobile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Central location, neat parking places. The manager had a very friendly welcome and was super nice thro out. Clean room and bathroom, nice amenities, quiet place. Enjoyed my stay, would surely recommend

Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The lobby is nice, clean, and proffessional as well as the staff, includinghousekeeping, management, and front desk clerks. Everytime we had any questions about the area or needed any directions, we were answered promtly by friendly faces. The rooms were extremely comfortable: I wish I knew where they purchased their bed sets! Their continental breakfast was simple, as expected, but delicious and ready earlier than I expected. All in all I will give this place a ten out of ten for being very enjoyable and I will recommend it to everyone that I know.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rancho Cordova, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

very nice front desk staff guys who work in the morning as well in the evening. very helpful and pleasant in talking. would recommend to all my friends and family to stay at the hotel.i travel 40 days a year to talk that town and always stayed there never had a chance of complain. good breakfast available at the time, helpful housekeeping staff as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Titusville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spent 2 nights here while working in the Mobile area. On arrival the check in experience was very good and the desk clerk very friendly and found my reservation quickly. My first impression of the room was very good, it was a small suite with a room divider between the bedroom area with a desk, couch and coffee table. As I got settled in I began to notice small annoyances like the office chair sat too low for working comfortably at the desk, I had to clean the coffee pot carafe before I could use it. The bowed shower curtain rod was mounted too closed to the tub so that the curtain was always touching me while I was showering. The TV had a horrible red huge which made watching it very uncomfortable. The desk clerk did respond quickly to my complaint about the TV and the next day there was a different TV in my room. The bed was very comfortable and the internet speed was good for my purposes. The next day upon returning to my room I noticed the old coffee left over from that morning was still in the carafe, I checked further to find the old coffee grounds still in the basket. There was a clean hand towel and and wash rag on the desk as I entered the room; when I entered the bathroom there was my old towel still hanging from the bathroom door. The bed was made but I do not know for sure if the sheets had been changed. The breakfast buffet was disappointing, the first day there was eggs but not meat, the second day there was meat and no eggs. With a little more effort this could have been a good experience for me. The housekeeping staff performed poorly and the alternating hot breakfast items gave me the impression of skimping. I had decided that I would discuss all these complaints with the desk clerk when I checked out but the desk clerk never asked me how my stay was. He quickly sorted through receipts and handed me mine and turned away. So I decided I would air my experience here. This is just not what I am accustomed to when staying at a "Choice Hotel" specially a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Calera, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed staying here. The hotel was very nice and at a great price. Will most likely refer them to anyone. The staff was very nice. The location was great because you were only a few minutes from everything. Thanks for making my honeymoon memorable.

• Stayed September 2012
Cadiz, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is the first time I’ve been disappointed with a Comfort Inn. On the positive side, check-in personnel was very friendly and helpful and I‘m sure he would have given us a different room if we‘d requested it - but I didn‘t think another room would solve some of the problems here. Apples, bananas and coffee were available at check-in which were an unexpected treat. We were put in a handicapped room, which I accepted since there would still be two available for anyone really needing this, and it had lots of space - kingsize bed, sofa, nice-sized table for computer use, wardrobe, and more. Unfortunately, the room smelled like it hadn’t been used in months - very very musty smelling. There are two double electric plugs on the one wall. One has to be shared between the fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. So in order to use the microwave, we had to crawl under the counter there and unplug the coffee pot. (I thought the room was clean until we got under there - think the vacuum cleaner missed that space) Next I needed to plug in the computer, but that plug has to be used for the desk lamp, tv and computer - so once again something had to be unplugged (we chose the microwave, since we already had that counter pulled out. I also felt uncomfortable when a truck stayed parked near our room in the parking lot for over an hour with lights on and people in it. I’ve stayed in worse accommodations, but this isn’t one I’d pick for my next trip

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel. The location was convenient to the interstate, yet very quiet. Not only was the room very clean, but the king-sized bedroom was larger than most rooms costing twice the price. It was one of the best hotel beds we have encountered. The day desk-clerk allowed us to park our trailer in their lot in the morning even though we could not check in until 3 pm. The evening desk-clerk was wonderfully hospitable & engaging and gave us a good recommendation for dinner with accurate directions. The breakfast was satisfactory with a good selection of choices, including waffles. We are moving to Mobile and will recommend this hotel to our family and friends who need a good place to stay. If you book a room through the Choice Hotel website and pay in advance, the room rate drops about 20%.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business