“Great Value!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Arlington, Tennessee
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This place was great for the price! The room was very spacious -- we had 2 double beds and a pull out sofa. It came with a good size micro fridge, microwave, coffee maker & wi-fi. There were several restaurants in the area to choose from for dinner. The clerks were very nice and accepted our rest stop travel magazine coupon. I was very impressed with the complimentary breakfast which included waffles, cereal, pastries, bagels, toast, eggs, sausage, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee & tea. Next time we stay in Mobile, we will definitely keep the Comfort Inn in mind.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hueytown, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

For the price,i really was expecting a much smaller room. Room was Good size & Clean. The beds were comfortable. We were there 5 days,& I had no problem with it all. Honestly it is not a 5 star hotel & i can't understand the other peoples negative reviews,If you wanted a Glamours hotel,go pay for it. Be realistic you are paying a cheaper price per night, which indicates a cheaper hotel. Breakfast is Good. Pool Clean,Hot tub does not work and they just say its a baby pool. But its all clean. All The Staff have been Professional. I Stayed in a double non smoking room. Room 124. I would stay here again. It Fit my Budget it,Kids loved the pool & We had hot breakfast. Don't think you could beat it for the price honestly.

Gurnee, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I needed something in the area and couldn't really spend big on the hotel. I was a little wary because I've had "experiences" at lower cost hotels, but surprizingly this was not the case. The room was clean and maintained well. There was a fridge and coffee maker, iron, ironing board, etc. It was clean and, as another reviewer noted, it's an older property and yet it's nice enough inside the rooms, not as dated an interior as the exterior would suggest. The staff was nice and polite. They had a decent contential breakfast - waffle maker, sausage along with the usual yogurt, muffin toast etc. Although I didn't got to the pool or hot tub it looked clean and well maintained, although the pool seemed a little small. The property is set back and it's easy to mistakenly go to the Comfort Suites - which is pretty much my point about the stay. I could have paid $20 - $30 more per night to stay there and for a clean place to sleep, why would I? It's not like the Comfort Suites is a premium experience, its pretty much the same thing - just a place to sleep. Overall, this place was a good value for the money.

Lewiston, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My first time at this property in Mobile and I have stayed in many places throughout Mobile.
This one was very affordable. The rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast was average and the staff was average. If the staff was a little better (as in being more personable and not to say they were not good, but maybe on this trip I came across many good staff/service), I would have given them a higher rating.
This place is next to a Cracker Barrel (plus many other restaurants were a couple of streets away) and next to a WalMart SuperCenter and gas station and easy to find off the interstate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stay in Mobile for 4 nights every year and have stayed in a few places.

If you are just looking for a bed at night and a bagel in the morning, this is a fine place. Our room was very clean and the bedding comfortable. The public areas were very nice, and also clean. The service was excellent and they helped us find a room we liked. The pillows are weird, but they are just folded so you can make them into normal pillows!

There was always hot coffee in the lobby and there were plates and utensils we could use in our room for dinner. I appreciate that.

Cons - The pool!! Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't read the reviews! It looks like a normal pool in the photos but it is as large as a large hot tub! SO disappointing! And the chemicals did a bad number on our eyes and hair (we swim at indoor pools several times a week, so it is not a sensitivity on our part). I felt SO CHEATED and ANGRY as the pool is important to us. We had pre-paid so there was nothing we could do.

The breakfast - just your normal carb trip, on foam (yuch) plates that go to the landfill - so not cool. There is something that looks like an egg - in the shape of a puck, even my husband wouldn't eat it. The sausages seemed acceptable though.

The divider between the beds and the sitting area is nothing, so you can't turn on a light and read without disturbing the sleeprs in the room, and, there's no tv in that section, so it's really just a couch in a hotel room. The one bed is shoved up against the A/C so you are blasted with cold air and then when it turns off immediately feel hot.

I recommend the Ashbury Suites if you need a good pool - we usually stay there. They have two pools, one with salt water in a large atrium which makes it feel so restful and relaxing. The other is an outdoor pool. They also serve real eggs on plates with silverware - a much nicer experience. Their rooms aren't as nice, though! HOWEVER, the suites at the Ashbury are actually two separate rooms so if someone can't sleep, or the adults want to stay up and play cards, there's room for that. We'll return there next year.

Room Tip: Don't select this one if you need a swimming pool
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lenexa, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed for a good week at this property. I find some of the reviews to be misleading. Yes, if you check in later than 10-11 pm that you're gonna have to check in through a window. Which is not at all unsusual for this day and age. This is for the safety of the clerk working the front desk. I've stayed at numerous hotels that are considered "ghetto" and this definitely does not fit that bill.

It is an older property. Outside was clean enough and they had a gentleman who every morning would go around sweeping up the cigarette butts that inconsiderate guests left behind. The hotel has a limited number of smoking rooms, so if they fill up then they put these guests in nonsmoking rooms which means they must go outside. If they're traveling together, then you might see a few people out there as I did with the last night of my stay.

Housekeeping did a fairly good job. They missed putting a liner in one of the trash cans but I can deal with that. I experienced no problems maintenance wise in the room I stayed in.

The hotel itself sits behind the Comfort Suites so it can be a little difficult to find the entrace late at night.

Steve, the front desk clerk is super nice and can be very entertaining with his jokes. He was certainly very helpful. Never had any problems with any of the other staff either. All were very accomodating to my needs.

They leave the fruit out so if you get hungry later and they have some left, you can go grab yourself an apple.

My only problem (besides having an incosiderate neighbor with the TV volume) is that breakfast seemed to be the same thing every day. Yes, there was yogurt and waffle maker. Overall, I would have liked to have seen more variety.

The pool looked well maintained. It had been windy the last few days of my stay, so there were some leaves that had been blown in to the pool.

They use Mobile Police officers as security. Seems there have been a rash of break ins at some of the hotels across the highway, so the owner has been proactive at keeping the criminals away from the property.

The rates are reasonable. Washer and Dryer worked well.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: These are outside entrances.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

The place is dirty outside, rooms are ok and they have about 30 tv channels-seriously-where is basic cable??? Had to check in through a window when I arrived late at night-very ghetto!! Breakfast is the usual crap!

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Comfort Suites Mobile? Share your experiences!