“Great Staff11” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 65 hotels in Mobile
Mobile, Alabama
“Great Staff11”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed in Extended Stay for just about 3 weeks and the service was excellent to include friendly and helpful staff. I would like to give a special thanks to the manager Demetria for being so helpful with giving me directions and the great service she provided me during my stay. I would like to say Lakeshia one of the housekeeper knows how to clean and room from top to back she is a keeper in my book and was very polite and friendly. And Jackie was awesome very friendly and provided great customer service. Ladies you guys rock just keep up the standards and remember the customer does come first.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs request a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our staff. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have have stayed here years ago...for three years. I moved because of my job. I am back...to stay again. How long...I hope forever. I enjoy when I stay here. It feels like home and family. We are all on a first name bases. The staff is very nice. They ask and make sure everything is Great. The manager Demetria is a Great manager....she is always on top of everything...I don't know how she does it. She is a hard worker. She goes out of her way to make sure your stay is perfect.
I am spreading the word, that this is the place to stay when you are here in Mobile . There is no place like home (extended stay). P. Murrill

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff . Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Room was very clean. Looked exceptional, and fresh. It was missing a coffee pot but staff had no problem getting one to me. Staff was friendly and helpful. Loved the grab and go breakfast. Very convienient. Will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Gab and Go breakfast. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Yep, you get a full kitchen, sans dishwasher, (that be you). Nice room, good location, friendly staff, clean, reasonable price. What more can you ask for? Not sure why a review has to be 200 characters.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the staff was friendly. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This is an older hotel but the room was clean. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The grab and go breakfast was very convenient and a nice surprise. I had come to terms with eating Waffle House across the street until they told me about that. Overall, decent room for decent price.

• Stayed July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the Grab and Go breakfast was a money saver for you. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Mcguire AFB
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I should have known when we checked in and had the worst customer service I have ever seen. It started when she would not give us a military discount after affirming that they did in fact offer one. Then when I asked how best to get to our room she looked at me like I was stupid and told me to take the elevator. Yeah I could have figured that one out on my own. I wanted to know which side of the building to park on, etc. Once I got to the room I was horrified. The rooms were terrible. Room number 1 (220) was dirty and smelled of stale cigarette smoke. Room 2 (222) was worse with a giant hole in the bathroom ceiling covered with plywood, giant black mold stains on the ceiling, the mirror was peeling the reflective material off, the air conditioner was pouring water all over the floor making the room smell like mildew, the phone didn't work, and the carpet was filthy. After driving 10 hours from Kentucky down to Mobile we were just too tired to deal with getting a new hotel and were going to just deal with the rooms. I told the front desk that the air conditioner was leaking all over the floor and that the phone didn't work. They did nothing about it. Then we noticed men sitting in the parking lots drinking starting in the early afternoons. They stayed out there all night with their radios blaring until the police showed up. If that wasn't enough we soon overheard what could only be prostitutes and their Johns in the hallway outside our rooms. To say I don't want that kind of thing around my children would be an understatement. We were going to check out the next morning and find a new hotel only to have someone start banging on my door and trying to get in that night. She had a massive dog and after banging and shaking my door for 3 minutes finally announced very loudly that she had the wrong room and went up the stairs. I would have called the front desk to request security but again the phone didn't work and wasn't replaced while we were there. By the time I was able to call my husband and get him to come over from his room the woman at my door was gone however when he opened his door he found two people waiting outside my room, out of sight of the peephole. When they saw him come out of his room they took off running down the hallway. To say I was terrified is an understatement. I was in the room alone with three of my children and strangers are waiting outside my door where I can't see them?! We checked out that morning and I listed all my complaints with the manager

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work hard to make sure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I enjoyed this visit overall, Aug., 2013, due to the quiet, clean atmosphere of the room and the friendly people who worked there.
The upholstered chair and ottoman next to my bed could have been dry cleaned to remove the spots. Didn't sit on it, however. Sat on bed on clean linen & watched tv. Felt safer. I would have liked ice trays in the frig to put in my almost warm soda and being able to watch HGTV & sometimes, The Food Channel. Would have preferred more movie channels, like tcm and hbo.

The bathroom & towels were clean and I didn't mind taking a shower. Could barely see the miniature round bar of soap w/which to clean. Glad I brought toiletries this time.

During visit in May, 2013, would have liked housekeeping to clean room & add fresh linen during the 4 days that I stayed there on Springhill Ct.,(near Springhill Ave.), Mobile, AL. Felt safer during both visits being in close proximity to business that I had to visit that week, esp. while traveling alone.
Would have stayed elsewhere at a hotel with better assortment of tv channels if I was more aware of the area and if I could have gotten a comparable price.

Room Tip: Don't expect housekeeping services unless you stay at least 7 days according to the housekeeper...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill? Share your experiences!