“If you like sleeping, this is not the place for you” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #40 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Shreveport, Louisiana
“If you like sleeping, this is not the place for you”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

It is now 5:30 AM. I have been awake since three because the gentleman in the room next to me started coughing after that he woke up the guy next to me or near me, who got up and walked rather true left the building and drove somewhere and came back about an hour later. At 5 AM the construction guy crank up his diesel truck and left. At 5:30, I was awoken by the Led Zeppelin music blaring through the radio and the walls near me.

There seems to be a lot of activity at this hotel at all hours of the morning.

When I checked into my room I smelled something that was like rotting fruit. It turned out that the garbage had not been emptied.

I did observe a black mold substance coming out of the air conditioner. It blew onto the bed nearest the AC unit.

I was hesitant to review this hotel because I don't like to provide negative reviews. But as I've been awake since 3 with nothing else to do I decided to go ahead and leave this review as a warning to other customers. Overall is not a bad hotel for the price. There are no roaches. The showers have plenty of pressure. You get 26 channels on the television. And the refrigerator was clean.

But because of the noise, you should be forewarned about the inability to get a decent nights sleep.

Lastly, if you do decide to stay here, avoid the interstate side. If you like to listen to sirens, cars with boomboxes blaring, trucks, and traffic noises throughout all the morning, then you may like the interstate side.

Room Tip: Ask for a west facing room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you didnt sleep well. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was comfortable and the staff was nice, but it was very dirty! We bought cleaning wipes and Lysol to clean the room. You also have to supply your own detergent for dishes and laundry. They also don't clean your room or restock towels and toilet paper while you are there. Not very convienent!
the kitchenette is a nice option to have went staying a long time, but next time I'll find a place with just a fridge and microwave!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this review, February 20, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Every stay was wonderful, the service was nice and professional. The rooms were always clean and very equip. This is my 3rd stay and it was a pleasure to stay. Reservation are quick and easy. Check-is a breeze, and checking out is even faster. I will return? You bet i will!

• Stayed February 2013
Southaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Jackie and the girls made staying at this location a lot of fun even though I was working 7 days a week with long hours, they always found some way to humor me, with a smile, or kind words. Truly made my experience good. Thanks and keep on smiling!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotel in Mobile, Al will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Montgomery, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Please let these two ladies know how wonderful they made our stay this past Saturday in Mobile we needed an early check-in they made it happen the room was ready hospital clean every thing worked. service from beginning to end could not have been better. We had our little Shitz Zu Molly with us your pet few is one of the best I have seen plus Molly was made to feel as welcome as we were. I am an Hr Director for a very large Corporation and I believe in letting someone know when you get as good of service as we did from Jackie and Raven

Room Tip: Just ask for Jackie and Raven that is who helped me I had no problems
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this review, February 6, 2013

Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My stay at Extended stay was great. The staff at extended stay was very proffessional. Jackie was the greatest. Ravin, Lochina, and Weinifred was outstanding also.
The only compliant that I had was the internet services was very slow, but this was fixed before my stay was over.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the front. The internet service is best when you are in these rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels (Mobile) location.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I reserved our room in advance and when we got here we were put in a room that wasn't ready no bedding but jackie was so kind and fixed it right away! She was so nice after a long drive I really needed it!! Rooms were clean and we slept great! Thank you Jackie!

• Stayed January 2013
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!