“Great stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Dallas, Texas
“Great stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent visitor to Mobile, AL. I love to stay at this hotel. Amazing hotel especially for the price. First, the employees are always so happy and friendly. The hotel is super clean. I am a neat freak. For $69
(AAA card),you get a wonderful hot breakfast (depending on the day), clean room with cable, and a staff that goes above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2013
Joy K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Mobile, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Mekalet - Thank you so much for your recent review regarding your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We continue to strive to provide a clean, comfortable room and a fast, nutritious breakfast for everyone. And to top it off, you got a great discount with your AAA card. Mekalet, we hope that you will return soon. Happy Holidays! Joy Knodel, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Baton Rouge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I try to not to criticize a hotel over an isolated problem unless it's based on bad policy. But when a plethora of problems exist, then criticism is warranted. First off, I struggled to even get in the front door because the doors are not automatic. They should be, as they are for most competitors. People are trying to get in with luggage. No one has an extra hand. Then the hot water wasn't nearly hot enough. But the breakfast bar did it. It is generally a good bar with eggs and sausage in addition to the standard continental items, but they were out of too many things. The fruit supply was low, the cut up fruit (melons, etc.) was low, and of all things, they were out of orange juice (just to note it was approximately the middle of the block of time during which breakfast is served). Out of orange juice? Are you kidding. It's a breakfast essential. If I'm running a hotel and we're out of orange juice, someone will go to the grocery store and get an emergency supply. "I'm sorry" doesn't get it when a problem that serious can be fixed with a little extra effort. Then to top it off, the breakfast garbage can was overflowing and that is quite disgusting. I don't understand it. People there were clearly working hard. When these things happen, someone should step forward and straighten things out.

Honestly, any one or two of these problems would not be enough for a bad review. Put them all together and you know something is just plain wrong.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DeltaTraveler2012, thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize for the challenges that you experienced while a guest in our hotel. We strive to make each and every guest as comfortable as possible by providing a clean environment and friendly service. On the occasion of your visit, we were training a new Breakfast Ambassador and there were several times during the breakfast hours that the crowd trying to eat all at the same time became a little overwhelming. I am sorry that you had a bad experience. We do try to keep the breakfast bar stocked but there are times when we just simply cannot get to the items that need refilling fast enough. The orange juice was replaced as soon as a Manager was notified. We hope that you will return and give us another chance. DeltaTraveler2012, we do hope that if you encounter challenges the next time you visit with us that you ask to speak to a Manager. We look forward to your return. Joy Knodel, GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting Mobile for a show with Compozitionz. Because I didn't want to face the long ride back I quickly jumped on my phone for a moderately priced...contemporary hotel. I came across Fairfield, a Marriott property (which I love!)

I forgot to call in and ask for a late check in (it was 1:45am), so I was set for a problem initially. There was none! SCORE!!!!

Jennifer, the night innkeeper was FANTASTIC! I went to my room and dropped my bags. Turned on the lights..and the room had not been cleaned. I went back downstairs and told Jennifer...who apologized profusely!! She put me in another room, but UPGRADED ME to a SUITE. Did I mention Jennifer is FANTASTIC???

The suite was immaculate. Well cleaned. And we'll worth the inconvenience. The bed was FIRM.

The one drawback is shower pressure, but I like high pressure showers (preference).

I will be back on my next visit to Mobile!

• Stayed December 2013
Jericho C, Your comments are "music to our ears"! Thank you so much for the positive comments regarding Jennifer, our Night Auditor. I do apologize for the inconvenience of having to be moved so late at night. I am glad to hear though that everything turned our better than you had planned. We hope that when your travels bring you back to Mobile that you will choose to stay with us again. Best regards, Joy Knodel, GM
Baldwin, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I love this hotel because it is near everything. It is right off airport blvd, which is where all the restaurants and shops are located. The rooms are very cozy and clean every time I visit. They have a complementary breakfast with a variety of foods. You really don't have to go out for breakfast. There is a nice exercise room to jump start my day.

The only complaints I have is that the heating/air conditioning unit is very loud in the rooms, one of the windows in my rooms was covered in some white substance, and the staff is not overly friendly. Otherwise, I love this spot.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in front of hotel. The traffic from the highway will disturb you all night. Get...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Joycerey1073, thank you so much for the kind comments regarding your recent visit with us here in Mobile. We certainly appreciate the positive feedback and will be sure to share it with all associates. I am sorry that the air unit was loud. We are in the process of replacing those old units and the fogged windows. Hopefully on your next visit there will not be a challenge with that. Just a tip on your next visit - when making your reservation, request a room on the west end of the hotel so that the interstate noise will not bother you. Once again, thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, we look forward to your return soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

After a long drive starting in Atlanta, I was very happy to stay the night at this hotel. The desk person welcomed me and took note that I was very tired. She upgraded me to a very comfortable suite and then helped me chose a restaurant for dinner. Much thanks to Jocelyn and the staff at this Hotel. Though they had a broken pipe in the lobby prior to my arrival they had the problem in hand.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Joy K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Mobile, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Nikontom, thank you for choosing our Fairfield Inn & Suites for your recent visit to the Mobile area. We certainly appreciate your kinds comments and will pass them along to the entire staff, including Jocelin. It is our goal to make each and every guest feel as comfortable as possible while they are with us (even when we have broken pipes). Nikontom, we do hope that if your travels bring you back to Mobile that you will once again choose to stay with us.
Joy B. Knodel, General Manager
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I just recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Mobile and I have to say the service was outstanding. One person in particular was very impressive. Her name was Cari and she provided excellent service and helped me when I couldn't find my keys. Everyone on the staff there seemed glad to see me. She was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jeff D, thank you for taking time to comment on your recent visit at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile. We certainly appreciate the kind comments regarding Cari and the rest of the staff that you encountered. I am glad to know that Cari was able to assist in locating your keys, I know how frustrating locating missing items is. I will be sharing your comments with Cari and the rest of the staff. Jeff D, we do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Mobile area that you will once again choose Fairfield Inn & Suites.
Joy B. Knodel, General Manager
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I usually stay at this hotel for Bay Fest. This was the 4th year DH and I stayed here. Each year it seems to get worse. First started staying here because it had been newly renovated. Now it has no extra appeal. Also, whenever we come there is a soccer team that stays over and they just take over the hotel as if they are the only guests. I always see housekeeping just hanging out. And this year, the front desk staff seemed to be less than personable.

If I hadn't stayed here before and had good experiences, I wouldn't have rated this at a 3. But next year, if I even attend Bay Fest, I will be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Get a room that isn't near the elevators, preferably on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Joy K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Mobile, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
erikasmack, thank you for taking time to review your recent visit to our property. It is our goal to provide exceptional service to each and every guest that comes through our front doors. I do apologize if you felt that our guest service staff was less than personable during your visit. Since your last review in 2011, we have added the new "Jump Start" Hot Breakfast. We do hope that you will return to stay with us if your travels bring you back to the Mobile area.

Been to Fairfield Inn Mobile? Share your experiences!