“Nice Rooms, but unprofessional maid staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District

You added Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District to your Saves list
Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Government Street, Mobile, AL 36602 (Formerly Lafayette Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Cypress, Texas
“Nice Rooms, but unprofessional maid staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here with my family on July 7, 2013. Everything went well with the check-in, and the room was nice. But after about an hour into our stay one of the maids knocked on our door once and then proceeded to come in (unlocking our door), without us inviting her in. I came to the door and she said she didn't know it was occupied. I was okay with that, but 5 minutes later another maid came in my room without knocking while my kids were getting out of the bath (naked).....I was very pissed at this point. I tried my best not to go the hell off on her. Then when she saw that it was occupied, she nonchalantly exited as if she did nothing wrong...VERY RUDE! The weird thing is that the 2nd maid was with the 1st maid when she walked in. I am going to take this up with higher management. This was very uncomfortable for me and my family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Stephen F,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

While we are pleased to hear that you liked your room accommodations, we would like to apologize for the issues you encountered with our Housekeeping staff. We can assure you that your experience is not indicative of the quality we are known to provide. Nevertheless, we have shared your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure the issues you mentioned are addressed.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Mobile several times and ALWAYS have a great experience! In particular, the Vice President of Public Relations and Development Maura Garino is extremely helpful, friendly and professional. If you are staying downtown, book your room here!!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had an excellent stay at the Holiday Inn!! The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. Maura showed us around and made us feel at home. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to visit Mobile!!

Montgomery, Alabama, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have been at this hotel for four days. The Wi-Fi is horrible. I have to constantly long on. The cable is ridiculous! More than have of the channels are unavailable. The others freeze up and stop working. When I asked about the problem at the front desk I got no apology. The pool has been closed for my entire stay. The water is green! I chose this hotel because of location to conference but I would never stay here again. If you are just looking for a bed to sleep in this hotel is okay. If you are looking for amenities, DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear joenmontgomery,

I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. As these are not the standards that we hold. please let me take the time to explain some of the problems that you experienced. At the time that you were here we were in the process of converting our chlorine pool over to a salt water pool, that is why the pool was closed. and the cable was unfortunately on the cable company end, we were aware of the problem and have resolved it. I am truly sorry that the desk did not convey this information to you. We will take all your information under advisement and will coach our team accordingly.
Please contact me at coordinator@mobiledowntownhi.com as i would love to talk a little more about your stay and offer you a night on us to show that we are the hotel for you while in Mobile.
Greensboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our room was very clean and spacious. The bed was wonderful and the bathroom had lots of towels, which I appreciate. We had plenty of hot water in the morning, but later in the evening it was luke warm. The hotel location is great and the restaurant food was good. The hotel staff was top notch and very accomodating to our questions and needs. The hotel lobby has lots of seating and the meeting rooms are spacious. The banquet room is beautiful with a dance floor and partitions that can be opened or closed to accomodate large and small groups.
We had a wonderful stay and look forward to returning next year.

atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel is situated in the heart of Mobiles french quarter. The staff was wonderful and the rooms were clean spacious and newly renovated. I loved my stay and was treated like royalty, a special thanks to Moura!

Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our room had a great view from the room. Beds were not so comfortable, we got woke up by the housekeeper at 7:30 AM, the alarm clock woke me up at 4:30 AM. The front desk was very friendly. The hotel staff needs a little bit of TLC training.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Chan W,

Thank you for your candid review of our property. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments regarding the staff are very much appreciated. Please be assured that your comments will be forwarded to the department involved to address this concern.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District? Share your experiences!