You added Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District to your Saves list
Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Government Street, Mobile, AL 36602 (Formerly Lafayette Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Overall it is a good place to stay. Parking could be a limitless inconvenienced. Parking lot gets full easily and you have to go across the street for to public parking. It is free because of your hotel stay but I still did not feel my car was secured. Other then that it is a nice place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I am a business traveler, and when I travel to Mobile, it's the Holiday Inn Downtown for me. Maura Garino has lead her entire staff in making the tired traveler really feel at home. Maura always is sure that I am satisfied with everything. All the staff are eager to help me and make me feel special. I look forward to my next stay and am sure you will feel the same after your first stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great location in the heart of downtown Mobile.
Staff is very friendly and helpful, rooms look like they have been renovated lately.
The Skyview Lounge has one of the best views in town.
Overall, nice place

Room Tip: Better view on higher floors !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

It's a beautiful hotel that was recently renovated. The staff goes above and beyond to make it the best stay! The only bad thing I can say is there is still a little smell of smoke lingering in the hallway of my floor but my co worker who stay on a different floor said he had no smell of smoke so it might have just been someone on my floor smoking. Overall I will be back without a doubt and next time I'm coming with my family since the area around the hotel is adorable!

• Stayed November 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is in the middle of all the great historic attractions. It is only 2 blocks from Dolphin street. This hotel has a great view of the bay and the city. The hotel is an older building that has been maintained very well. The staff is very friendly and always greeted me with a smile. I even saw the manager standing in the lobby greeting visitors. She was very friendly and made sure our stay was great.

Room Tip: The higher the floor that you request, the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband, baby and I stayed at this hotel in November. I wasn't really impressed with the hotel, the staff is friendly but not very attenttive, I asked for a crib and it would be our room but it wasn't. I had to call to let someone bring it. I booked my stay including breakfast, expecting a buffet, but instead we had to order which wasn't very convient with our little girl. I also don't know for what amount you can order.
There is a fridge and microwave in the room wich is nice, however the fridge made so much noise I had to unplug it to be able to sleep. The room wasn't very clean either (hair in the bathroom from a previous guest etc.)
Next time when I am in Mobile I will try a different hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Stinsa,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our friendly staff and the microwave in the room.

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from out front desk and housekeeping as well a the noisy refrigerator. We will address this points and assure you that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

When we arrived were were greeted by a very friendly man who was also helpful to us several times.We had a great room with a view of Mobile. Our room was very clean and comfortable.
No complaints. We took the elevator to the top floor, where there is a restaurant with a panoramic
view of the city. We ate dinner there. It is not an upscale restaurant (casual with a bar) and they
get the food brought up from the restaurant on the first floor-- but the view is beautiful. As we ate dinner, we watched the sunset. Great place to stay and it is interesting because the building is round. Our room had curved walls because of this added feature.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District? Share your experiences!