“Unbelievable service and caring staff” 5 of 5 stars

HHonors Double Points!
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Carolina
“Unbelievable service and caring staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

As a longtime fan of Hampton Inn, the staff at this hotel were notably even more service oriented than usual. Staying for a funeral, when inquiring about the location of the cemetery the front desk tracked down all the details for us, unhesitatingly gave us every consideration including step by step directions to our destination, (without us asking), and even after the funeral invited us to have lunch as their guests during a staff meeting being held in the breakfast room. This was extraordinary in my experience as a traveler, even someone who is almost always impressed with the the high standards of Hampton Inns.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dotsultant,

We are glad you chose to stay with us during your travels, though we wish it was under better circumstances. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are dedicated to providing the service in "hospitality service." If we can brighten someone's day along the way, so much the better. We invite you to return to stay with us again in the future. There is so much to do in the Mobile Bay area that it makes an excellent get away destination.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
south texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed as part of a trip from Texas-New Orleans-Mobile-Gulf shores. Wanted a reliable place for relaxing before going to see USS Alabama (just an easy 10-15 minute trip away). Love the fact that Hamptons are usually very clean and exceptionally comfortable. This Inn rates up there with the best of them!

Lovely rooms, beds very comfortable, spotlessly clean, no overpowering odors of cleaning fluids, etc.
GREAT managers welcome, very comfortable lobby.....had popcorn machine (our 12 year old LOVED that!!) and wine and an abundance of snacks available in the evening. Able to relax and talk with our family upon arrival.

Breakfast was well prepared, good variety of standard Hampton fare. Waffles, eggs, meat, fruit, cereals, breads, etc.

We are extremely satisfied with this choice and would return if ever in the area. ALSO!!....we were offered (and accepted ) a great deal that included the night's lodging and tickets to the attraction of our choice in Mobile, (which for us was the USS Alabama) for a VERY reasonable price. The reservation person told me about it when I called to make arrangements. VERY helpful and even got a nice little gift bag of snacks and water and candy when we checked in.

Thanks to all who make this Hampton a VERY nice choice!

Room Tip: Some rooms were being remodeled while we were there, but all we saw were very good.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We have been staying at Hampton Inns for years. We love the cleanliness, current decor, breakfast buffets, & shuttle service. I booked this hotel online as usual. However, all that was available was a smoking room. I think they were renovating some of their rooms, which limited availability. I read on the website that this is a "nonsmoking" hotel. Naively, I assumed this room would be ok. Big mistake! The room absolutely smelled like an ashtray. It was late checking in, so thought since it's only one night. Another big mistake! I have never had asthma, but did that night. I was so stopped up, I could hardly breathe. The next day I had the worst sinus drainage imaginable. The worst part is the pajamas I slept in reeked of smoke when I opened suitcase at our next stop. This is very worrisome to me. Staying at a hotel where people actually smoke in bed!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
dhickey924,
So sorry that you had encountered a smoking room. Although we do our best to eliminate smoke odors in our smoking guest rooms, the smoke smell is retained and will be offensive to a non smoker. We are not a smoke free property and should not be listed as one. We are a small size property and availability is limited at times. To help the availability on non-smoking rooms we are currently reducing the number smoking rooms in our inventory. We are also in the process of finishing our guestroom renovations, including reducing the number smoking rooms. If travel needs bring you back to the area please give us another try, I think you will be pleased. Thank you for your feedback, we do listen to our guest.
Northeast Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Our motorcoach tour of 39 travelers was extremely pleased with this hotel. The manager rates a blue ribbon for being so accommodating. Every afternoon, the staff pops popcorn, serves snacks and drinks for all the guests. Since we were leaving the hotel each morning to tour the area, the manager put an ice chest full of iced bottled water on the motorcoach for us. We toured Dauphin Island, Foley & Fairhope, and Mobile from this location. We couldn't have been more pleased with the way the manager led his staff by example, and they followed his lead. The rooms were nice, clean, and well-kept.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Kudos to the management and employees, this is a well run property. We stayed here overnight on our way to Georgia and liked it so much we stopped here on our return home. Staff is very friendly and the ladies managing breakfast in the mornings do an outstanding job keeping everything well stocked and organized. The rooms are updated and I enjoyed the reading chair with ottoman and light. Beds are so comfortable. Had a fitness center for my husband. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, we enjoyed the Golden Corral.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Kalia07,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we look forward to serving you again in the future. There is so much to see and do in the Mobile area that you should make it a destination on a future trip. If you need ideas for things to see and do be sure to ask one of our Associates during your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

This Hampton was a wonderful place to stay in Mobile. The staff was exceptional and courteous. The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast the following morning was very good for an included meal. The food was hot and there was a good selection of items. All in all a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2010
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Nice, clean, easy to find, Safe location . Nothing negative to say about this hotel. Great price too!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
arabianfancy,
So glad you took the time to write a review. Our staff uses them to improve our service so that we can provide the best possible service for all our guests. If you have your kids with you during your stay, be sure to ask an Associate about all the kid-friendly things to do in our area.

Been to Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens? Share your experiences!