“Still don't like it....” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 65 hotels in Mobile
“Still don't like it....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

They are getting ready to put in new carpet and wall paper. Very much in need of an upgrade. Not very pleased with service. Can hardly find anyone behind the desk and when there is someone they are always with another guest and the wait is more than 5 minutes. The breakfast buffet is sub-standard. Just not much there for the price. Equates to a $50 per night hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We strive to provide a clean and comfortable stay for our guest with the best possible service. Please accept my apologies for not living up to our expectations. I have shared you comments with the department managers so they can address the staff. When traveling through Mobile in the future we ask that you stop in and give us another try as this is not indicative of our hotel.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Jonesboro, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Good: Good breakfast, great customer service including shuttles to town and attractions.

Bad: Outside looks run down, everything seems cramped, rooms were not the most updated, stayed for 2 days and did not notice until the last day that the peep hole insert was missing. The entire time, anyone walking by could see the entire room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I apologize for the challenges of your recent stay. I have reviewed your comments and your concerns have been corrected. When travel brings you to Mobile in the future we ask that you stop in for a visit.
Foley, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

From the moment we checked in to the time we walked out the door, this hotel and staff was above standards and exactly why we will be back. The staff was friendly, helpful and went out of there way to make our stay perfect. The hotel lounge, owner and it's employees were so nice to us during a party we had t the hotel. The hotel has been recently updated and is in great shape. The rooms were spacious, clean and ready upon our early check in. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a great place to stay with even a greater staff to assist in whatever you need.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Wow! thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us. Our goal is to provide all of our guest with a great guest experience during their visit. It is always nice to hear when we succeed. We ask that when visiting Mobile in the future that you allow us to provide your overnight accomodations.
Madison, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hi all,

I just finished up another 2 week stay at the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 and wanted to give everyone a recent update; the title says it all, fantastic as always. I was greeted by the same friendly faces, both Gerald and Jamie recognized me immediately and seemed happy to see me back, as I said before it's the next best thing to staying with friends. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, my room was very clean and fresh thanks to Kat and not a single issue the whole time I was there. The renovations are looking great to, the flat screen tvs in the rooms are a great touch. If you have a choice for lodging in the Mobile area I would highly recommend you do yourself a favor and stay here, you won't be sorry. Safe travels everyone!

Tavis

Room Tip: I like the rooms at the end of the hallways, closer to the stairs and a little farther away from the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay. We will be sure to recognize Gerald, Jamie and Kat at our weekly staff meeting for job well done. We hope to see you again soon!
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

They did a great job redecorating this hotel, both rooms and public areas. Unfortunately, the couch in our room had almost no springs left; it was very uncomfortable. The water pressure in the shower was too low for us. The bathroom did have an extra long vanity which we liked. They gave us a voucher for breakfast. Restaurant was quite good, enjoyed the burgers for dinner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your review about your recent stay. We agree that the sofa and chairs have a lot to be desired and that is why they are scheduled to be replaced in the next phase of renovation. The last phase should be completed within the next 60 days. So when traveiling to Mobile in the future, please stop in to see what's new.
Sharpsburg, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stopped here on our way back to ATL from San Antonio. This is one of the nicest Holiday Inns I have stayed at. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and great breakfast. We came during the tornado ( on Christmas Day ) and Gerald was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction for dinner. Will definitely be back when passing through OR going to Bellingrath Gardens.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. Our staff strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests! I will share your remarks about Gerald at our next staff meeting.- He truly does a great Job at making our guests feel welcome.

The tornado did leave a big mess in the Midtown area of Mobile. But we are happy to report that their we no deaths and no serious injuries and our area of Mobile was not affected.

We invite you to stop in for a visit when traveling through Mobile in the future.
Clermont, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Or maybe prime time has passed this one by. Tired and hungry we stopped and stayed at the Holiday Inn on Nov. 16, 2012. Although the property was old--a Holiday Inn can't be THAT bad. Rooms were not sanitized, dead bug in the hallway, smelled tobacco smoke, and so forth. But, this was one of the WORST meals of my life. We are experienced travelers, Europe, Mexico, most of the Carribean,
most of Canada, much of the US. Never has someone brought my wife a cheeseburger platter wito cheeseburger. The poor waitress was obviously brand new and totally lost. She forgot my salad and my soup, but did bring my chicken breast, slathered in sauce and cooked as hard as a baseball.

By this time I was ready to blow. We were beginning our vacation. So I ordered a drink and calmed down.

The young lady, certainly did not forget to bill for my drink. Several lights were out in the bar area and it smelled like cigars.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

raycampbell12@gmail.com

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. I have shared your review with the department heads and will be addressed with the staff. Your stay is not indicative of our hotel. When traveling to the Mobile area in the future we ask that you keep us in mind for your over night accommodations.

Been to Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10? Share your experiences!