“Cheap, but a little outdated!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 65 hotels in Mobile
Fannett, Texas
“Cheap, but a little outdated!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Pros - Friendly staff, grounds and exterior kept up, really great price, room was clean, great location right off the interstate

Cons - The hotel is outdated and time for a face lift, water pressure was terrible

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
First let me apologize for not responding sooner. Your review slipped in under the ”radar” and I missed the notice. Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10. We have been going through the renovation process and hopefully will have completed the last phase by the end of January 2013! Also, I am happy to report the water pressure issue has been corrected. When visiting Mobile in the future we ask that you remember us when selecting your over night accommodations.

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I wanted to explore Mobile Bay and the surrounding area. Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The staff was very friendly, cheerful and helpful, especially Jamie at the Front Desk. It has a nice pool and a good restaurant. It is pet and kid friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10. We strive to provide our guest with the best service possible and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Jamie is a great asset to our team and we will recognize her at the next team meeting. When traveling to Mobile in the future we ask that you remember us for your overnight needs.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

After reading a not so great review I decided to try this place anyway. Big Mistake! This place needs major repairs and cleaning. It is dated to say the minimum. The elevators alone are enough to potentially make you turn around not to mention the wasp that joined me on the ride up. Walking the hallways which stink of bleach stained carpeting and doors in serious need of a paint job. Entering the room while the neighbor conveniently places their tray of food etc outside on the floor which was still there after going out to dinner for an hour and a half. Returned to a spider crawling on my pillow, a whiny a/c unit and newly discovered dust covered head boards. Ceiling is poorly painted, bathroom tile is cracked and needs to be caulked. AND the shower fixtures were rusted.

Awful stay. Never so disappointed in a Holiday Inn. There's no getting me back here and I certainly will not recommend it!

• Stayed October 2012
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. Our staff strive to provide an enjoyable experience for all of our guest. When traveling we hope that you will once again consider Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 as your recent stay is not indicative of our hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here 9/27-9/30 for a family reunion weekend. Arrived very late on the 27th and was met with a smile from the desk clerk who had our reservations ready and a cold water waiting for us. The room was a king bed on the 5th floor. Decent size, clean and ready for me. The beds were comfortable for hotel beds. Shower pressure was great and tv was fine. Internet signal was strong and easy to log in and use. The staff we encountered was always friendly with a smile and a warm hello. Restaurant food was about average. Not bad but also not expensive. The was a full bar in the hotel but did not use it but it looked fine.
I would recommend the hotel. Join the holiday inn club before you go to get your free breakfast every morning. This saved us about 20 every day for two of us. It is a full service not an express hotel. I have to admit , I did miss the cinnamon rolls but it was a good stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We are glad to hear that we met your expectations during your recent stay with us. Thank you for allowing the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 to be a part of your family reunion. When planning your reunion in the future we ask that you keep the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 in mind.
Madison, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in the Mobile area, look no further. The facilities are nice, and the location is good, but what sets this place apart from all others is by far the staff. Gerald and his colleagues are fantastic, very professional, very courteous and all around friendly; they make you feel like you are appreciated. I travel for work quite a bit and of all the hotels I have stayed in over the years I have never encountered a better group. Gerald and his staff will make you feel like you're staying with friends and in this day and age I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. Tavis J. Lloyd, Platinum Member.

Room Tip: If you like to take the stairs, get a room at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Your recent review of our hotel was very pleasing. Also, thank you for taking the time to recognized Gerald for his efforts. The entire staff go over and beyond the call of duty to provide a great guest experience! When traveling through Mobile in the future we hope that you will once again chose to stay with the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10.

Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

As a Platnium Honors Member I stay in hotels well over 200 nights each year. Most major hotels are similiar in quality of rooms and services. However, on special occasions you find a hotel with an outstanding staff. This is the case with the Hoilday Inn in Mobile, AL on I-10. I have stayed there every week since Jan 1, 2012. The main reason for this is two people, Gerald and Jamie at the front desk. I have noticed the way they deal with other customers as well as myself. I have seen them have to deal with some diffucult customers as well and each time they do it in a professional and pleasent way. They work hard to meet my needds and request. Each time I arrive they show that they remember their guest by trying to fulfill my expected request before I even make them.

It has been a pleasure staying at this facility and I intend to continue to do so due to the staff at this hotel. If the Holiday Inn has an awared program for their employees, Gerald and Jamie should, without a doubt, receive one, alone with the other staff members of this property.

Doug Baughman
Member # 380847304

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
The entire staff strive to provide a pleasurable experience for all of our guest and Gerald and Jamie are prime examples of this. We appreciate you taking the time to share about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10. As a platinum member of the Holiday Inn priority club you comments are very important to us. We will see you on your next trip to Mobile!
Newborn, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

In Mobile on business after the hurricane and there weren't a lot of rooms available in the area. Fortunately I found one.
I am not so sure that this place started out as a Holiday Inn. It has the feel that it was a Ramada or something else for YEARS before it became what it is today: A slightly old; a bit run down; retrofitted establishment. The staff was nice and friendly, but between some of the stains on the walls, stained carpet, old caulk around the windows, and a "restaurant" that appears to be set up every morning in a room that might have been a meeting and/or storage room at one time (lots of extension cords to power the hot plates) the place felt worn out.
Breakfast was much better than other breakfasts that I've had at dozens of other hotels. The eggs were real and not powdered. The bacon was THICK (Yummy). It felt like a genuine breakfast, and not somethiing that they just added water to and called it breakfast.

The humidity: I am not so convinced that this place has a high humidity level inside just because it is a few miles from water. The air inside felt musty. And once when I was in my room I turned off the A/C unit so that I could speak on the phone, and within a minute or two every piece of glass in the room was covered with fog (mirrors, TV, my glasses). I think that this place has issues!!!!

I'd stay there again definately. The rooms were of appropriate size, everyone was nice, and everything worked. But I would approach my stay with eyes wide open knowing "it is what it is".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share about your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 and apologize for not living up to your expectations. The hotel has been going through renovations and we still have a little more to do. When traveling through the Mobile area in the future, please stop in and see our update look.

Been to Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10? Share your experiences!