“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Mobile, Alabama
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

As a Platnium Honors Member I stay in hotels well over 200 nights each year. Most major hotels are similiar in quality of rooms and services. However, on special occasions you find a hotel with an outstanding staff. This is the case with the Hoilday Inn in Mobile, AL on I-10. I have stayed there every week since Jan 1, 2012. The main reason for this is two people, Gerald and Jamie at the front desk. I have noticed the way they deal with other customers as well as myself. I have seen them have to deal with some diffucult customers as well and each time they do it in a professional and pleasent way. They work hard to meet my needds and request. Each time I arrive they show that they remember their guest by trying to fulfill my expected request before I even make them.

It has been a pleasure staying at this facility and I intend to continue to do so due to the staff at this hotel. If the Holiday Inn has an awared program for their employees, Gerald and Jamie should, without a doubt, receive one, alone with the other staff members of this property.

Doug Baughman
Member # 380847304

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
The entire staff strive to provide a pleasurable experience for all of our guest and Gerald and Jamie are prime examples of this. We appreciate you taking the time to share about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10. As a platinum member of the Holiday Inn priority club you comments are very important to us. We will see you on your next trip to Mobile!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Newborn, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

In Mobile on business after the hurricane and there weren't a lot of rooms available in the area. Fortunately I found one.
I am not so sure that this place started out as a Holiday Inn. It has the feel that it was a Ramada or something else for YEARS before it became what it is today: A slightly old; a bit run down; retrofitted establishment. The staff was nice and friendly, but between some of the stains on the walls, stained carpet, old caulk around the windows, and a "restaurant" that appears to be set up every morning in a room that might have been a meeting and/or storage room at one time (lots of extension cords to power the hot plates) the place felt worn out.
Breakfast was much better than other breakfasts that I've had at dozens of other hotels. The eggs were real and not powdered. The bacon was THICK (Yummy). It felt like a genuine breakfast, and not somethiing that they just added water to and called it breakfast.

The humidity: I am not so convinced that this place has a high humidity level inside just because it is a few miles from water. The air inside felt musty. And once when I was in my room I turned off the A/C unit so that I could speak on the phone, and within a minute or two every piece of glass in the room was covered with fog (mirrors, TV, my glasses). I think that this place has issues!!!!

I'd stay there again definately. The rooms were of appropriate size, everyone was nice, and everything worked. But I would approach my stay with eyes wide open knowing "it is what it is".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share about your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 and apologize for not living up to your expectations. The hotel has been going through renovations and we still have a little more to do. When traveling through the Mobile area in the future, please stop in and see our update look.
Destin, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Holiday Inn's are generally a reasonable deal and decent place to stay. Not so at the one on Mobile West I-10. The first room we were given was damp, I mean really damp - the coat hangers were wet, the customer service notebook on the nightstand was damp and then we saw water running down the wall. The second room we were given reeked of urine in the bed and the pillows. At the same time, a relative was traveling with us and staying at this same hotel. Their room was also damp and we could see the bubbling in the plaster on the wall where the water had damaged it. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone and suggest Holiday Inn go visit this property and bring it up to standard before someone gets sick from mold or something worse. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: I cannot recommend anyone stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the problems that you encountered with your recent visit. We are sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable experience for our guests and your recent experience is not indicative of our hotel. When traveling to the Mobile area in the future we ask that you give us another try.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

The Staff is always willing to assist with whatever your needs are and they go above and beyond to make sure you are happy! I am a priority club member because I love this hotel. If you are not already a HI priority club member, you must join as the perks are awesome! (including free hotel stays).

• Stayed August 2012
It is always nice to hear from our guest regarding their stay with us. We are especially pleased to hear that you had a great visit. We ask that the next time you travel to Mobile that you choose the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 for your overnight needs.
South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stopped at 2 hotels before ending up at this one at midnight. The 2 previous hotels had roaches (yes we actually saw them). So we went to the Holiday Inn and it was immaculate compared to the other hotels. The beds were outstanding, very comfortable and clean and the room was very, very nice. We would definitely stay there again. Best hotel in area as far as we are concerned!!!

Room Tip: Great hotel.....bar open late :-) which was nice to get a beer at midnight.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Your review of your recent stay is appreciated. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable place for our guest and we are glad to hear that we lived up to your expectations. We hope that when you are traveling to the Mobile area in the future that you will visit us again.
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were very impressed with the comfort, rooms and especially with the quality of people during our stay (July 16th and 17th). We were greeted by Gerald, who welcomed us and made us feel right at home & would always greet us whenever he saw us. Shannon was always there to assist us and gave the 6 of us a free breakfast one morning, which really showed a touch of class. Jamie & Amol were also very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay with you and would certainly stay again if we are back in the area.

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms--all were very clean and nice
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We strive to provide great service for our guests and we appreciate when we are recognized for our efforts. When traveling through Mobile we hope that you will stop in for a visit.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place has got to get more than one server here. As many guests that are here right now there should be at least 2 in this building. They have one server and if you're looking for a fast connection you aren't going to find it here. The view of the bums at the Citgo throughout the day is a little discomforting but other than that everything has been great. A typical Holiday Inn experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
You are correct in your comments about our internet service. We apologize for any trouble this caused you. We are happy to say that work has started (Tuesday) on increasing our band width of our wireless internet service. I have sent a copy of your review to the Mayor’s office regarding the homeless hanging out at the gas station. This is not something that we want visitors and our guest to feel concerned about. When visiting Mobile in the future, we invite you to stop in and give our upgraded internet service a try.

Been to Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10? Share your experiences!