“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Jersey City
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel comes with free hot breakfast 7 days a week and even comes with free beer/wine and food 4days a week, I was amazed at what great value I got.
The staff were all very friendly especially colum at the front desk who couldn't have been more helpful. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else if I return to Mobile.

Room Tip: Close to elevator, yu can't even hear it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NEW ORLEANS, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We really liked our stay there. We were able to prepare breakfast, and dinner. We spent most of the day at our convention. The only negative that I could find was the carpet. It really need a good shampooing. The staff was very nice. The overall stay was very good. Would love to stay there again, but would suggest that the carpet is cleaned.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I love it when everything's easy, especially when traveling for business. I love the Homewood Suite full kitchen setup, even though I never used it—it's just nice to have a fridge if you want to store leftovers or a snack. Free, fast in-room wifi, less than 10 minutes from the airport, a pool I never had a chance to use, Bath & Body Works products, free breakfast PLUS drinks & dinner, and a decent bathtub. What really set this apart was the staff. Maybe it's just the south, but I was blown away by the little kindnesses including a free pass to the Bellingrath Gardens. Only a couple of small suggestions: I stayed in room 136, with a lovely view of the parking lot, and had a lot of light spill into my room as I tried to sleep. The beds are fine but not great. But for the value, definitely will return here if work/life bring me back to Mobile.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room that doesn't look over the parking lot for the light pollution factor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MHWS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear JlsNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you during your next trip to Mobile!

Warm regards,

Stephanie Ward
Director of Sales
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Bkfst was good, room was comfortable, tv was not great..no hd. I would stay there again. Give it an 8

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
MHWS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to post your review. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
New Haven, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Pleasant overall but our room certainly needed some refreshing- bathroom area carpet cleaned, worn furniture, sagging drapes that I fixed, grimey bathroom corners- just some extra attention that seems to be overlooked. Rooms not huge either for the price. Beds ok. Not one place to put a suitcase off the floor nor any luggage racks. Breakfast is sure convenient and acceptable as it is free. Surprised front desk staff made no effort to try to get us a 1st flr rm with my diasabled mother as I had requested when I made the reservation months in advance- ended up with the room last down the corridor from the elevator- thank goodness we had our own wheelchair. Housekeeping staff asking us for our trash then towels on separate visits to the room. I stay at Residence Inns frequently, cant say Ill be switching to Homewood anytime soon.

Room Tip: Nice quiet area.
Dear NewHavenTraveller,

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of room was of concern, I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Mobile.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 4 or 5 times over the past 4 or 5 years. We like it because it's a true suite and we can let our kids go to sleep and stay up ourselves in the living area, going to bed later. The pool is nice too and we like the free breakfast. They do keep the place up but you won't mistake it for a luxury hotel.

I agree with the reviewers who have noted that the free breakfast becomes crowded and overwhelms the kitchen staff who have to make sure the food is available, wash the dishes (which frequently run out), etc. The breakfast is ok for free breakfast (not fabulous or even very good) but the herculean efforts of the kitchen staff to keep up with the customers makes it somewhat stressful.

Staff was very nice and helpful and we especially were grateful to Zach (front desk) who seemed to work all hours and who helped us resolve several small problems.

We'd definitely stay again and would recommend it for families but would hope for improvements in the breakfast system (maybe some paper plates?)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MHWS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear susanjb,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate you choosing Homewood Suites Mobile for your family's stay. The two room suites are a great layout for families especially with the seperate living area with the tv and dvd player. You can also checkout free movies from our collection at the front desk - another great way to keep the kids entertained.

We are addressing our breakfast hours to ensure it runs smoothly for our guests including additional staff on busier mornings. I think you will be quite pleased during your next stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Although our short stay started with a reservation problem, Zach (front desk) went above and beyond to make us happy. He took responsibility for someone else's reservation mistake, took time to understand our needs and concerns, and, in the end, provided us with a very good alternative to what reserved. We appreciated the tasty breakfast the next morning. Brittany, the front desk clerk the next morning was also very helpful. She made sure that the more than adequate corrective actions taken my Zach the previous day were sufficient. I told her we were satisfied.

Lastly, a few days after our departure, I received an email from Stephanie, the Director of Sales. She wanted to make sure I was satisfied. We spoke by phone and I assured her we were and would seriously consider staying there again on a future visit to Mobile.

Mistakes happen. It was so refreshing to see how the staff took a potentially disasterous situation and turned into a positive!

Brian J.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MHWS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Brian363,

It was a pleasure hosting you and your family recently! I am happy to hear Zach and Brittany were able to follow through and take care of you during your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon! Please call on me anytime for future bookings or special reservation requests.

Respectfully,

Stephanie Ward
Director of Sales

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile? Share your experiences!