“A MAN IN NEED OF HELP” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
MOBILE
“A MAN IN NEED OF HELP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

A few months ago the ceiling in my living room caved in, and I was forced to move out for one month.
Stressed beyond compare, I chose Homewood Suites as it was in poximity to my home.
I'd stayed at Hilton Properties with work thoughout the US, but never in my own city.
To whom it may concern,
I have NEVER been treated so well in ANY hotel that I've ever had to stay. The management was stellar.
Housekeeping bent over backwards for me.
The lodge was warm and inviting.
The complimentary meals that were offered almost daily were enjoyable, and my anxiety of not being at my own home was greatly reduced.
So many other amenities that you'll find out for yourself.
I've been back into this property, and see some of my old friends that brought me through a real tough time in my life, and they always welcome me as a member of the family.
The new General Manager, Michael Brunger, has made himself available to Mobile's local philanthopies and causes as well!
I was a man in need of help, and Homewood Suites by Hilton in Mobile, Alabama answered the call to arms.
I will always be grateful to these fine caring folks and encourage you to find out for yourself exactly what I am talking about.
I've lived here since 1973, and I could have stayed anywhere.
Many successes and welcome to my beautiful city and this beautiful hotel should you choose to visit.
You'll be so glad of your decisions.
Ray

Room Tip: I loved being at the end of the corridor on the first floor as there is a door (that is secured) to...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I loved the free dinner! I was not aware of such a thing! Breakfast was great as well. The room we had was very clean and the staff was great!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
MHWS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!!
Hudson Valley, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We spent one night in a 2-bedroom suite at the Homewood Suites. Check-in was friendly and quick. We had a little bit of trouble finding our room as only certain elevators can be used to access certain rooms and the signage wasn’t all that clear. The room was a little worn in spots but appeared to be clean. The room had water and cookies waiting for HHONORS guests. The suites include a kitchen, and the room had a DVD player and a bag of microwave popcorn. There was also popcorn and coffee available in the lobby, even on a weekend which was a nice touch. It took me a couple of tries to get the wireless internet to work, but it was free. I also used the business center which was quick and easy. We found the hotel to be very quiet both inside and out.

There were two things that were kind of annoying, neither of which the staff would be able to fix. First, the bedroom curtains hang a bit away from the window, allowing more light to come into the room from the courtyard at night than I like. I prefer a dark bedroom (but a nightlight in the bathroom, which they didn’t have). Second, Hilton did a pretty lousy job designing the room layout. To get 2 bedrooms, there is a connecting door between what they sometimes rent as 2 separate rooms, but if that connecting door is open, it smashes into the hallway door if it gets opened. Opening the refrigerator means you smash the chair at the kitchen table. It just felt like I was moving furniture a lot. Not a big deal, but just kind of annoying.

When I booked the room I was thinking we had stayed here before, but when pulling in realized we had stayed at the Hampton Inn across the street last time. I think I preferred the Hampton Inn, but the Homewood Suites may have been less expensive for multiple rooms), so not sure which one I’d stay at if I were in the area again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I was impressed at how distgusting my room was. If we had arrived hours earlier I would have checked out of this hotel. It smelled musty, the carpets were stained, there was mold and mildew growing on toilets, showers. Base Boards were caked with dirt and hair. There was blood on my sheets from previous guests.
I took photos to send in....BEWARE! The front desk was
apologetic and comped our stay. Not sure how these obviously professional people would allow the state of their hotel to fall so low.

• Stayed August 2011
MHWS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of room was of concern, I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Mobile.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I will definitely stay here every time i am in Mobile!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

PROS: surrounded by restaurants and right be a hospital. Wireless internet.Fairly bigger LCD TVs. Adequately lighted rooms. Wider pull out couch. Hot dinner (M-TH) and hot breakfasts. Coin-op laundry, outdoor pool, gym, water dispenser in gym. 3 machines and free weights available in gym. 3-5 foot pool. Brightly lit hallways. Brightly lit bathroom.

CONS: Can be pretty congested with traffic due to numerous business establishments in the area. Bathroom is inside the bedroom. Tiny kitchen area as it is merged with the living room area. Darker room as it only has the lamps by the bed. single elevator on each side which makes for long walks to the rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Garnet Valley, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We were to stay at this hotel for a family wedding. Upon check in, the room was not ready at 5:00 and housekeeping was not in a hurry to get them ready. The front desk was poorly manned. The room smelled and the cable was sporadic.

I stayed here before, a couple of years ago, it was so much better then. I do not know if it has changed management, but until you find out. Do not go!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
MHWS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality and service you expect and deserve from Homewood Suites in Mobile. Your feedback is valuable and we'll be reaching out to you to make this right.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile? Share your experiences!