“Close to downtown Mobile” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
globeseeker007
1,076 helpful votes 1,076 helpful votes
“Close to downtown Mobile”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We've stayed at a lot of La Quinta Inns. Some are really nice and others are about average. However, all meet a certain criteria which La Quinta strives to maintain. The staff at this one was friendly, outgoing, and helpful. The room was clean and neat, however it wasn't perfect. One of the closet doors wouldn't open and I didn't want to force it for fear of breaking it. The luggage rack was unstable and seemed to be falling apart. Maintenance should have caught and corrected these problems. The continental breakfast was about average and nothing to write home about. The motel is located a few miles from downtown Mobile.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our stay was fabulous! The staff was knowledgeable about the area and local attractions (USS Alabama and the Exploreum/IMAX) and were happy to help with info about these attractions. They informed us of discounts at local eateries (Denny's and O'Charleys) and recommended their favorite Chinese restaurant when we inquired. We were greeted warmly every morning when we came to breakfast and the clerk remembered what we were going to do everyday and asked about our trip and how we enjoyed the local attractions. The breakfast area was neat and kept well stocked. The room was clean and the overall hotel was clean. The pool area was nice. The cleaning staff was nice and polite when we weren't quite ready for them to enter. My family and I were very pleased with our experience here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed in room 218 for three nights beginning 7/11/13.
The staff at the sign in desk was very busy that day and we had about a 15 minute wait as others checked in ahead of us. There was convention was in town and the motel was full to capacity so many people were signing in ahead of us. Despite being so busy, the staff had smiles on their faces and when our turn came to check in, they handled our sign in with courtesy.
I wanted no surprises so I brought rubber gloves, a housecleaner and a disinfectant. I also brought towels and washcloths in case there were none in the room or not enough. Past experience in varied motels and hotels is the reason I brought those items. I did not need to use any of those things. The bathroom and vanity area were really clean. The room was dusted, the bathroom floor was clean, the carpets were vacuumed and everything worked. And the bed was comfortable. That was a relief since I have a bad back.
Our stay was pleasant and we will stay at La Quinta Mobile again. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Mentone, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had to spend 9 nights in Mobile on business. My room at La Quinta was excellent. Clean, quiet, extremely comfortable bed, nice work station for computer, a nice recliner chair, and a closet, with iron and ironing board. Also had a nice hairdryer. The breakfast was good, but the only hot food was make-your-own waffles. The staff were extremely courteous. Although I had no time to check out the pool, it looked clean, although on the small size. Would definitely recommend this for anyone passing through Mobile or staying there long term. There are numerous restaurants nearby, along with a shopping mall, and a Walmart. Although it was right off the expressway, I never heard any traffic noise. The rooms were fairly soundproof, too, so I was never disturbed by noisey neighbors. My only peeves were that the room had no microwave (there is one in the lobby you can use 24/7) and no fridge...other than that, I had an excellent experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Enjoyed the hotel. Service was great and people were friendly. I would recommend it if you are touring University of South Alabama! It was located at a great distance from the school. I will stay when I can while visiting my son.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Mobile? Share your experiences!