“Mobile stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Williamson, Georgia, USA
“Mobile stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was happy with the room cleanliness vs the price we paid for our room, I was really suprised. The bathtub was a little dark on the bottom but I just wore flip flops while taking a shower, which I would have done anyway. Really the only down side was that although this is a pet friendly hotel there were no disposal containers for owners to dispose of their animals waste. My son stepped right in a pile of doo when he got out of the car...YUCK!
The staff was exceptional and I enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was good and the beds were very comfortable. Every need I had was met with a smile and bright face. I would definately stay here again but I would certainly be cautious about where I step.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank TAlbright1167

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect with the price of the room, but I just needed a place to sleep for the night, so I wasn't looking to spend $100 for a few hours sleep. This is the second time I stayed here while traveling to and from Dallas/Tampa. The room is exceptional, given the price. Very clean and totally awesome bed/bedding for the price. Exceptional value, and the pecan chicken salad I got at Charleys (in the same parking lot) with a 10% discount thanks to La Quinta, was excellent, too!

Don't let the price fool you. If you're looking for a good nights sleep, this place is awesome.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My stay was satisfactory, but I checked out and later realized that I had left my I-Phone charger in the room. I called the front desk and let them know that I had left my charger in the room and would they get it for me. She said she'd check, two days later I recieved a phone call saying they had found no charger and couldn't explain how it wasn't there when I know it was left plugged in the out let where the clock radio was plug in too. Don't ever leave anything behind you'll never get it back even if you call an hour after you've left it behind

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

First visit to Mobile. Attending a funeral. Stayed at La Quinta facilities in other surrounding states. Up to this point I assumed all of the Brand facilities had the same amenities. Rooms have no microwave or fridge. This is the first one I stayed in that looked like this. Reminded me of a an old Motel 6 structure with a lobby change. Sprayed room with bed bug spray just for safety sake. Staff polite. Fair price. Fair breakfast. Self serve waffles were a hit during our visit. Long line for one waffle making machine. Good location. Denny's Restaurant shares parking lot. We arrived late. Other party I traveled with was their first experience with this chain and they were pleased. I was disappointed but felt safe and comfortable. We ended up with a room at the rear of property to be close to our vehicle. We chose to be on the top/second floor to avoid the possibility of noise from thin walls. I am happy to report that during our visit we did not experience any noise issues. We had no neighbors on both sides. The staff was gracious in creating that spacing for us. You can hear noises from bathroom activities of neighbors behind us. Grateful we appeared to be on a similar time schedule as far as activity of neighbors. We were permitted an extended stay check out. We stayed in Room 216 for two nights, November 9th and 10th. I had been told that I would have to pay a higher rate once the weekend rolled around. I was graciously given the weekly rate for the next night by a different staff person. Had minor inconvenience of having to return to front desk after funeral to address key issues. But staff attitude was polite and very professional. I would like to visit another La Quinta facility in this city to see how my experience fares. If you desire something bargain basement, no roaches, conveniently located, free breakfast, no frills, this is your place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family