“Convenient to I-65, Within 5 Minutes to Restaurants” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Mobile
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   816 West I-65 Service Road South, Mobile, AL 36609   |
Ranked #21 of 65 hotels in Mobile
Sarasota, FL
“Convenient to I-65, Within 5 Minutes to Restaurants”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just stayed here again to visit family and needed to update 1 or 2 things. They do offer a basic continental breafast along with a waffle maker for the budget minded. The front desk just pointed out to us that if you show your Room Key Card to O'Charleys or Denny's Restaurant (SEE BELOW) you'll get a 15% discount on your food (not alcohol). As always, check with the restaurant before in case they change their policy.

We've stayed here several times to visit family who live in Mobile. They have updated the rooms somewhat and they are kept very clean. The Wi-Fi can be a bit spotty, but we were lucky that we recently had a room that had the Wi-Fi router right in it, so our signal was super. They place the Wi-Fi routers in the middle of the buildings, if that's any help for you in getting a room close to a signal. We basically just used our rooms for sleeping and getting dressed, and for that, the rooms were just fine. They now have 32 inch flat panel HD Samsung TV's which made watching TV more enjoyable. There's Denny’s Restaurant right next door for a hearty breakfast. There is also a Waffle House next to that.
There’s also a Billiard Hall next to the Hilton Garden Inn 2 doors down. The billiard hall is fun with lots of younger people of all kinds, flat panel T.V.s, foosball, air hockey, pinball, etc. It’s very big and not your typical small, smoky, joint where you might feel unsafe. It was surprisingly fun.
A five minute walk brought you to O’Charleys Restaurant which kind of reminded me of an upscale Chili’s or TGIF. I’d recommend O’Charley’s if you’re in a bind and need a cocktail, beer, and something to eat.
To summarize, the La Quinta Inn is your average chain motel with clean rooms, comfortable beds, and a centralized location for a good price. NOTE: The service road it is situated on is difficult for some GPS systems to pick up and the whole service road idea is a little confusing to get used to. It basically runs parallel to Government Blvd. Familiarize yourself with it, getting on and off won’t be so frustrating!.

Room Tip: There are courtyard rooms that may tend to be quieter, as they don't back up to the parking lot...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I reserved on-line with AARP card. Guidelines for finding is not good in Hotel coupon book.This Hotel is very easy to find and is convenient to shopping, resturants of all kinds, and to I-65. Easy in and easy out of parking lot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice buget hotel. Not far off I-10 and resturants in walking distance. The bed was comfortable. They had a nice flat screen tv with around 30 hd channels.

Breakfast was very good with waffles, toast, pastries, hot and cold cereal, frest fruit, coffee, and juice.

The old negative of this hotel is the poor sound proofing. You could hear the rooms next door and above use the showers and toliets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The stay exceeded expectations by a long shot. Of the choices in this area, the prices varied, and I was a bit skeptical until I checked in with the efficient staff, and opened the door of the hotel room to be pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, with a very comfortable new bed, sheets & covers, a refrigerator, new TV, and a good bathroom with new laminate flooring. The continental breakfast was very sufficient with good variety to get the day off. The grounds of the hotel were well kept, and it is situated next to a few coffee shop diners, near the freeway and main streets. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

SCOTTSDALE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was originally given a room on the backside of the property. While taking my luggage up to the room, I noticed activity that could only be described as prostitution. Another room appeared to have some level of criminal activity, judging from the number of cars that stopped and people who entered and quickly departed.
The front desk honored my request to be moved to the front section. They didn't ask why I wanted to move and I didn't feel the need to explain.
The new room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. The breakfast offered the usual pastries, coffee, and cereal. The orange juice dispenser was empty.
If I were back in the Mobile, AL area, I would pass up this La Quinta location and stop at the one in Tillman Corner, a few miles west on I-10. Having stayed at that one last year, I can say it is head and shoulders better.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms at the rear of the property.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I reserved a suite for my daughter's Sweet 17 birthday sleep over and told them at the time I made my reservation that it was for a sleep over. I even went and viewed the day before and told them it was so I could get an idea for decorations. I checked in and unload my car with decorations and buffet tables. When guest started arriving, we had the police called on us and escorted out by the police. They said they didn't do sleepovers. The manager nor receptionist wasn't compassionate that it was for my daughter's birthday nor all the money that I had spent for decorations nor food. Because I sent an email to their corporate offices, I was given a certificate for an average room but I was in a suite. I was out $250 on the food and decorations. Plus I was humiliated being escorted out with kids by police officers. The receptionist on duty was actually telling guests why we were being put out. What ever happened to confidentiality?

• Stayed September 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Mobile? Share your experiences!