“Roomy, clean, and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 65 hotels in Mobile
“Roomy, clean, and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have to admit when first coming to mobile my choice was the Hampton Inn because of its trip advisor rating. I'm sure it is also a very nice hotel but I have to say I'm happy they were full for the week. If they hadn't been full I might have never experience this hotel. When I return this will definitely be my first choice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Chad B,

We are thrilled that you got to stay with us even though we were not your first choice and even more thrilled to know that we will be your first choice from now on.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Residence Inn Mobile, we hope to see you soon!

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I have normally stayed at this location once month and this time the room was awful. It had a weird fishy smell and the pillows were stuff and uncomfortable. As an Elite member and being a Residence Inn, you expect more. It was Fairfield Inns quality.

• Stayed September 2013
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear sl22moto,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that your last stay with us was not a pleasant as previous ones. Please know that we value all of our guests comments and review with our staff in order for us to improve were need to. We hope that next time you are in town that you will give us another chance to make it up to you.

Christy G.
Charleston, WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay here based on reviews of the hotel. Neither one of us felt safe. We both noticed several things. First the hotel in front of the Residence Inn had a gate that could be closed to block their entrance, Second the hotel adjacent to the hotel had a cop car sitting in front the entire time we were there. Third, we had to use our room key to enter the front door at 7 o'clock when it was still light. On a different note, when we arrived at the hotel at 4 o'clock, we were informed that our room wouldn't be ready for at least an hour. They offered us a studio instead which we took. I don't recommend staying at this hotel or in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Saturndriver,

We are very sad to hear that some safety precautions caused a negative perception. Mobile is a safe and enjoyable place and we regret that you didn’t get to see it this way. We thank you for your feedback and taking the time for this review, we do apologize if your room was not ready at the time of checking in; we have addressed this with the staff.

Christy Gurene
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed the recurring a visit to see my husband who's ship is being built there. Wonderful staff always very friendly! Breakfast was always hot and ready and so was dinner. Staff always ready to help with any issues. Kimberly , Melissa and Tiffany were some of the front desk personal that always greeted us with a smile!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear OSC022704,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Residence Inn Mobile and for your kind comment s about our staff, breakfast and social, I wil make sure to share with all of them.
We hope that you get to come back soon to visit!
Kalmar, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I move to work 4 months to Mobile and I lived 4 months in this hotel.
The hotel is really nice, clean and the people that work here are friendly.
The room was really big, it was more a small flat then an hotel room.
4 days a week they serve dinner, they don't offer really delicious food, but sometime is good have this opportunity instead to go out and eat in a restaurant. Unfortunately they serve the dinner a little bit too early, and most of the day I was still at work (but I think it was my working time strange).
They have a small swimming pool, but indoor. But outside they have a bbq that all the guest can use, and it's a really good opportunity.

The location is also good, close to the highway, a mall and a few miles from the airport.

If I need to come back to Mobile, I will stay for sure again in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear 8jack83 ,

We really appreciate you for taking the time to share your stay of 4 months at the Residence Inn as we strive for all of our guests to have a "home away from home" experience while staying with us and it seems as we succeeded!

We hope to see you again whenever you are in the Mobile area.

Christy G.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Excellent staff and very relaxing outdoor fireplace for the evening as well and breakfast when it is cool. We had the 2 bedroom suite and each bedroom has a bathroom. Great for family travel when you need more space. Great location and a full hot breakfast. Very comfortable beds off the road quiet location. Recommneded !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Nextdoorguy,

Thank you for taking the to recommend our Residence Inn in Mobile and for your comments about our staff and our suites. I wil make sure to share your comments with the staff! Thank you!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for three weeks and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The rooms are newly remodeled and very nice - stainless steel fridge and dishwasher. The beds are typical Marriott which I think are very comfortable. I liked the location - a few minute drive to restaurants, bars, the mall, Starbucks, Kinko's - all the things a business traveler needs. It's also right down the street from a Fresh Market making grocery shopping easy. The staff was great, very friendly. It's about a 15 minute drive to the airport and about 10 minutes to downtown.

My only complaint was no partnership with a local gym but I was able to go Omni fitness just down the street and they gave me a great deal when I said I staying at the Residence Inn.

All in all I would stay again and recommend this hotel.

My one tip is regarding transportation from the airport. My experience with the cab drivers at the airport was a bit weird and I didn't feel very safe. I would talk to the hotel and see if they can arrange transportation to pick you up at the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear lwalker1967,

Thank you for sharing your recent three week stay at the Residence Inn Mobile! It's great to know that our location worked perfectly for you. And thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, I will make sure to post your review for all to see. We hope to see you soon!

Been to Residence Inn Mobile? Share your experiences!