“Stay away” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 63 hotels in Mobile
Charleston, WV
“Stay away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay here based on reviews of the hotel. Neither one of us felt safe. We both noticed several things. First the hotel in front of the Residence Inn had a gate that could be closed to block their entrance, Second the hotel adjacent to the hotel had a cop car sitting in front the entire time we were there. Third, we had to use our room key to enter the front door at 7 o'clock when it was still light. On a different note, when we arrived at the hotel at 4 o'clock, we were informed that our room wouldn't be ready for at least an hour. They offered us a studio instead which we took. I don't recommend staying at this hotel or in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Saturndriver,

We are very sad to hear that some safety precautions caused a negative perception. Mobile is a safe and enjoyable place and we regret that you didn’t get to see it this way. We thank you for your feedback and taking the time for this review, we do apologize if your room was not ready at the time of checking in; we have addressed this with the staff.

Christy Gurene

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed the recurring a visit to see my husband who's ship is being built there. Wonderful staff always very friendly! Breakfast was always hot and ready and so was dinner. Staff always ready to help with any issues. Kimberly , Melissa and Tiffany were some of the front desk personal that always greeted us with a smile!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear OSC022704,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Residence Inn Mobile and for your kind comment s about our staff, breakfast and social, I wil make sure to share with all of them.
We hope that you get to come back soon to visit!
Kalmar, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I move to work 4 months to Mobile and I lived 4 months in this hotel.
The hotel is really nice, clean and the people that work here are friendly.
The room was really big, it was more a small flat then an hotel room.
4 days a week they serve dinner, they don't offer really delicious food, but sometime is good have this opportunity instead to go out and eat in a restaurant. Unfortunately they serve the dinner a little bit too early, and most of the day I was still at work (but I think it was my working time strange).
They have a small swimming pool, but indoor. But outside they have a bbq that all the guest can use, and it's a really good opportunity.

The location is also good, close to the highway, a mall and a few miles from the airport.

If I need to come back to Mobile, I will stay for sure again in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear 8jack83 ,

We really appreciate you for taking the time to share your stay of 4 months at the Residence Inn as we strive for all of our guests to have a "home away from home" experience while staying with us and it seems as we succeeded!

We hope to see you again whenever you are in the Mobile area.

Christy G.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Excellent staff and very relaxing outdoor fireplace for the evening as well and breakfast when it is cool. We had the 2 bedroom suite and each bedroom has a bathroom. Great for family travel when you need more space. Great location and a full hot breakfast. Very comfortable beds off the road quiet location. Recommneded !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Nextdoorguy,

Thank you for taking the to recommend our Residence Inn in Mobile and for your comments about our staff and our suites. I wil make sure to share your comments with the staff! Thank you!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for three weeks and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The rooms are newly remodeled and very nice - stainless steel fridge and dishwasher. The beds are typical Marriott which I think are very comfortable. I liked the location - a few minute drive to restaurants, bars, the mall, Starbucks, Kinko's - all the things a business traveler needs. It's also right down the street from a Fresh Market making grocery shopping easy. The staff was great, very friendly. It's about a 15 minute drive to the airport and about 10 minutes to downtown.

My only complaint was no partnership with a local gym but I was able to go Omni fitness just down the street and they gave me a great deal when I said I staying at the Residence Inn.

All in all I would stay again and recommend this hotel.

My one tip is regarding transportation from the airport. My experience with the cab drivers at the airport was a bit weird and I didn't feel very safe. I would talk to the hotel and see if they can arrange transportation to pick you up at the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear lwalker1967,

Thank you for sharing your recent three week stay at the Residence Inn Mobile! It's great to know that our location worked perfectly for you. And thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, I will make sure to post your review for all to see. We hope to see you soon!
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here on our way from Montgomery to Biloxi and this is a great mid point, especially if you arrive on a late flight. Check in was a breeze, the room was clean and comfortable and the morning breakfast was nice. The eating area was a little small, but the selection good. While it's visible from the high way, you really need to get off before you see it. It's on a service road that runs parallel to the highway. That makes it great for easy on and easy off, it's just navigating to it that's challenging. Look it up on google maps before you go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at the Residence Inn Mobile, we hope we can always be your mid point hotel!
Arab, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Upon arrival I was warmly greeted by Tiffany at the front desk. Her kind demeanor let me know that I had made the correct decision of hotels in this location. When entering the room, I found it to be of a good size, clean and appropriately appointed. After unpacking I decided to go for a walk to stretch my legs and back from the 6 hour drive, so I went back to the front desk to ask about parks or other locations to walk. Tiffany again made recommendations and followed up with maps and other information which made me feel like a valued guest.
The only negative comment that I could make is that the evening reception was less than I had expected. It consisted of packaged salad, chicken noodle soup, beer, wine, tea and lemonade. I always consider light meals a plus, but it does not affect my accomodation decisions.
I will be returning to this area for work in the future, and I feel certain that this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Iwalker1967,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us! and we will make sure Tiffany gets a copy of your review. We are delighted to know that we are your hotel of choice when in Mobile. And we are sorry to hear that our soup and salad night was not something you prefer but please know that we serve our Social, Monday through Thursday's and we have a different menu every day.
We hope to see you soon!

Been to Residence Inn Mobile? Share your experiences!