“Great location, newly remodeled nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 65 hotels in Mobile
Los Angeles, California
“Great location, newly remodeled nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for three weeks and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The rooms are newly remodeled and very nice - stainless steel fridge and dishwasher. The beds are typical Marriott which I think are very comfortable. I liked the location - a few minute drive to restaurants, bars, the mall, Starbucks, Kinko's - all the things a business traveler needs. It's also right down the street from a Fresh Market making grocery shopping easy. The staff was great, very friendly. It's about a 15 minute drive to the airport and about 10 minutes to downtown.

My only complaint was no partnership with a local gym but I was able to go Omni fitness just down the street and they gave me a great deal when I said I staying at the Residence Inn.

All in all I would stay again and recommend this hotel.

My one tip is regarding transportation from the airport. My experience with the cab drivers at the airport was a bit weird and I didn't feel very safe. I would talk to the hotel and see if they can arrange transportation to pick you up at the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear lwalker1967,

Thank you for sharing your recent three week stay at the Residence Inn Mobile! It's great to know that our location worked perfectly for you. And thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, I will make sure to post your review for all to see. We hope to see you soon!

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here on our way from Montgomery to Biloxi and this is a great mid point, especially if you arrive on a late flight. Check in was a breeze, the room was clean and comfortable and the morning breakfast was nice. The eating area was a little small, but the selection good. While it's visible from the high way, you really need to get off before you see it. It's on a service road that runs parallel to the highway. That makes it great for easy on and easy off, it's just navigating to it that's challenging. Look it up on google maps before you go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at the Residence Inn Mobile, we hope we can always be your mid point hotel!
Arab, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Upon arrival I was warmly greeted by Tiffany at the front desk. Her kind demeanor let me know that I had made the correct decision of hotels in this location. When entering the room, I found it to be of a good size, clean and appropriately appointed. After unpacking I decided to go for a walk to stretch my legs and back from the 6 hour drive, so I went back to the front desk to ask about parks or other locations to walk. Tiffany again made recommendations and followed up with maps and other information which made me feel like a valued guest.
The only negative comment that I could make is that the evening reception was less than I had expected. It consisted of packaged salad, chicken noodle soup, beer, wine, tea and lemonade. I always consider light meals a plus, but it does not affect my accomodation decisions.
I will be returning to this area for work in the future, and I feel certain that this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Iwalker1967,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us! and we will make sure Tiffany gets a copy of your review. We are delighted to know that we are your hotel of choice when in Mobile. And we are sorry to hear that our soup and salad night was not something you prefer but please know that we serve our Social, Monday through Thursday's and we have a different menu every day.
We hope to see you soon!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a two bedroom unit with a friend visiting from Italy. He was very impressed with the size and the cost for such a large, well equipped room. This was one of the few hotels in the area that I found that has two bedrooms and a living/dining area. Great breakfast with to go boxes so you can take it back to your room - bonus! All in all, it was a nice hotel with excellent staff but there were a few things that were a bit off. I thought both rooms would have queen beds but I swear one room was only a double. Doors were thin and there appeared to be a rowdy party in the room next to us. We could hear people laugh and scream through the halls well into the night. Aside from the sketchy crowd in the room next to us, excellent hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Bdga2006,

It's great to hear that you and your guest were impressed with our two bedroom suites, they are very suitable and spacious.Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Mobile!
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was just a short stop on a long road trip, but the hotel is nice and accepted our small dog. Nice studio suite with full kitchen, large TV, good hot breakfast. This hotel is grouped with a number of others, and is close to a mall and plenty of restaurants. GPS directions can be a bit confusing so make sure you get on the Service Road, and not the highway entrance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Gary F,

Thanks for sharing your recent stay experience at the Residence Inn Mobile. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and please know that we are working on making sure that our address is correct in GPS's. Thanks for the tip for future readers.
Thank you for staying with us!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family recently stayed here on the way down to Florida for the holidays with the kids and our dogs and it was great. We called on the way down while on the road and even they were very nice and even upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite for free. Very clean, plenty of space, and free breakfast. Which is sooooo helpful when traveling with kids. It's right off 65, very close to a huge mall and many stores and restaurants. The hotel is kinda hidden behind the Fairfield inn (another property by Marriott) but there are plenty of signs and it doesn't take map or compass to find it :-) Parking is well lite as well. Breakfast was good...and the employees are friendly. As a matter a fact, we like it so much, we stayed on the way home.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites have the perfect amount of space for 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 small dogs.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Residence Inn Mobile. So glad to hear that we were able to upgrade you and that you and your family enjoyed it so much that you came back and stayed with us again! Again, thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us.
Aurora, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed at this property one night, the entrance to get to the front desk was set back from the service road and we arrived around 7;30PM and the entrance was somewhat difficult to find, in fact, I went to another hotel first. The door to this hotel was locked and when I did find the correct entrance, the front door was locked also. This gave me an eerie feeling but we decided to stay anyway. This is an older property and the outside seemed a little outdated but I am there for the room so no big deal. Check-In (once I got in the area at the front desk) was easy and the clerk was nice. There were 2 trash cans out front and they were both overflowing and when we went to our room (102) there was a gentleman right outside our room, out side the hotel door, smoking. This bugs me that the hotels put the ashtrays right in front of the entrance plus then you can smell the smoke from those rooms that are close. I really did not feel very secure nor did I feel real good about our car that was packed for our extended trip. Nothing happened but it was a slightly uneasy feeling. Once inside, the room had been updated and I like the studio arrangement that residence has come up with, I think they make the most with the least amount of room. This is the second Residence Inn property that we stayed in on this trip and I do like these rooms, pretty much has everything you could possibly want in an extended stay hotel, kitchen, desk, small living area, roomy bathroom. The breakfast served in the AM was OK, nothing spectacular. I did not use the exercise room or pool. I probably would look in another area if I was back there in the future, the outside of the property was a little too insecure and unkept for my liking.

Room Tip: Pick an upper level and room away from the outside doors to avoid smoke...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear swf1107,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated Studio Suites, and I agree with you, this is a great set up. Please know that we are 100% non smoking and we are working on having one smoking section only to avoid this incovenience.
I hope that you will give us another chance whenever you are in the Mobile area again!

Christy Gurene

Been to Residence Inn Mobile? Share your experiences!