“Nice hotel, rowdy crowd” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Seattle, Washington
“Nice hotel, rowdy crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a two bedroom unit with a friend visiting from Italy. He was very impressed with the size and the cost for such a large, well equipped room. This was one of the few hotels in the area that I found that has two bedrooms and a living/dining area. Great breakfast with to go boxes so you can take it back to your room - bonus! All in all, it was a nice hotel with excellent staff but there were a few things that were a bit off. I thought both rooms would have queen beds but I swear one room was only a double. Doors were thin and there appeared to be a rowdy party in the room next to us. We could hear people laugh and scream through the halls well into the night. Aside from the sketchy crowd in the room next to us, excellent hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Bdga2006,

It's great to hear that you and your guest were impressed with our two bedroom suites, they are very suitable and spacious.Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Mobile!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was just a short stop on a long road trip, but the hotel is nice and accepted our small dog. Nice studio suite with full kitchen, large TV, good hot breakfast. This hotel is grouped with a number of others, and is close to a mall and plenty of restaurants. GPS directions can be a bit confusing so make sure you get on the Service Road, and not the highway entrance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Gary F,

Thanks for sharing your recent stay experience at the Residence Inn Mobile. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and please know that we are working on making sure that our address is correct in GPS's. Thanks for the tip for future readers.
Thank you for staying with us!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family recently stayed here on the way down to Florida for the holidays with the kids and our dogs and it was great. We called on the way down while on the road and even they were very nice and even upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite for free. Very clean, plenty of space, and free breakfast. Which is sooooo helpful when traveling with kids. It's right off 65, very close to a huge mall and many stores and restaurants. The hotel is kinda hidden behind the Fairfield inn (another property by Marriott) but there are plenty of signs and it doesn't take map or compass to find it :-) Parking is well lite as well. Breakfast was good...and the employees are friendly. As a matter a fact, we like it so much, we stayed on the way home.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites have the perfect amount of space for 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 small dogs.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Residence Inn Mobile. So glad to hear that we were able to upgrade you and that you and your family enjoyed it so much that you came back and stayed with us again! Again, thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us.
Aurora, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed at this property one night, the entrance to get to the front desk was set back from the service road and we arrived around 7;30PM and the entrance was somewhat difficult to find, in fact, I went to another hotel first. The door to this hotel was locked and when I did find the correct entrance, the front door was locked also. This gave me an eerie feeling but we decided to stay anyway. This is an older property and the outside seemed a little outdated but I am there for the room so no big deal. Check-In (once I got in the area at the front desk) was easy and the clerk was nice. There were 2 trash cans out front and they were both overflowing and when we went to our room (102) there was a gentleman right outside our room, out side the hotel door, smoking. This bugs me that the hotels put the ashtrays right in front of the entrance plus then you can smell the smoke from those rooms that are close. I really did not feel very secure nor did I feel real good about our car that was packed for our extended trip. Nothing happened but it was a slightly uneasy feeling. Once inside, the room had been updated and I like the studio arrangement that residence has come up with, I think they make the most with the least amount of room. This is the second Residence Inn property that we stayed in on this trip and I do like these rooms, pretty much has everything you could possibly want in an extended stay hotel, kitchen, desk, small living area, roomy bathroom. The breakfast served in the AM was OK, nothing spectacular. I did not use the exercise room or pool. I probably would look in another area if I was back there in the future, the outside of the property was a little too insecure and unkept for my liking.

Room Tip: Pick an upper level and room away from the outside doors to avoid smoke...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear swf1107,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated Studio Suites, and I agree with you, this is a great set up. Please know that we are 100% non smoking and we are working on having one smoking section only to avoid this incovenience.
I hope that you will give us another chance whenever you are in the Mobile area again!

Christy Gurene
Steyr, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I really enjoy staying at the residence inn. The rooms are renovated, are quite large so you have a kitchen, working table, sofa and bed. The kitchen has all facilities so that you really can cook yourself.
Rooms are very clean and decorated nicely.
Breakfast offers different breads, yogurts, scrambled eggs and sides and hot waffles.
Outside they have a gas grill you can use and a sofa around an open (gas) fire. Nice to sit outside.
We had a good cooperate rate of 99.- per night, which is a quite reasonable price.

Room Tip: x12 is located to the stairs to the parking place. You are quickly at the parking place but also he...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear langoli,

Thank you for sharing the pictures of our rooms and for such a nice review! We look forward to have you stay with us again.
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was the fourth hotel we tried and Im so glad we are here. This is the first time we are traveling with pets and this place is great at accomodating them. Upon our very late checkin, we were given an upgrade to a two bedroom suite. Very nice, clean, newly updated furniture and decor. Even the mattress appeared new (yes, I check mattresses!). Bathroom was very clean and carpet was also. I feel very at home here (still in bed as I write this) and I dont say that very often. Definitely worth my $$ and I would come back again.

• Stayed November 2012
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Kimberly J,

Sorry to hear that it took you 4 hotels to end up at the Residence Inn, but we are glad that you did! Thank you for taking the time to write your review while you were still at the hotel!
We hope to see you soon!
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The hotel was very clean. The rooms looked like they had been recently renovated. The staff was very nice, the 24-hour gym was nice and they also have a pool and basketball court. The premises were quiet and pleasant. Also, they have a breakfast buffet every morning. Since, the hotel is fairly small there were never any crowds at the buffet or any trouble finding parking, even though it has a fairfield inn sharing the same parking lot. There's is a laundry room on the second floor. Overall, the hotel was great, too bad I was only there a week, I have no complaints.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Bandon L,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Mobile. We hope to see you next time you are in Mobile, AL and that you get to stay longer than a week!

Been to Residence Inn Mobile? Share your experiences!