“Just Fine!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Mobile North

You added Red Roof Inn Mobile North to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Mobile North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 I-65 Service Road, I-65 at Dauphin Street, Exit #4, Mobile, AL 36606   |
Ranked #49 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Montgomery, AL
“Just Fine!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

After reading all the reviews on this hotel from trip advisor and the other major travel websites I was scared to book this hotel. However, I took a chance based on the latest reviews and the price was nice. The room was very nice and clean. The bathroom was also clean. The only negative was that there was no iron or ironing board. A microfridge would have been good to have in the room too,besides it was big enough. Overall,the two night stay was good with my husband and two children.

Stayed March 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brunswick, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

We'd booked this room based on having stayed at the same motel years earlier, when the rooms seemed clean enough. By the time we arrived (late at night) we were too tired to go looking elsewhere but definitely very freaked out by the run down condition. So much so that the first thing I did was inspected for bed bugs!

We had made a reservation for three nights (we were visiting family in Mobile) but we checked out bright and early the next morning. The desk clerk didn't seem the least bit surprised that we departed early.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — creepy feeling
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pensacola
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2007

One night stay, arrived from Pensacola Florida to Mobile Alabama. We chose this motel because it was close to the hospital where my boyfriend was having a procedure the next morning. Good thing we brought an alarm clock beings as the front desk clerk didn't make the wake up call we requested at registration!!! She said she was sorry, that she forgot when we questioned her upon our leaving.

The night we got there I had gone to the vending/microwave area to heat some water for coffee. Scared at what I saw...a homeless person using the microwave I was paying for to heat some food he found in the dumpster, I went to the front desk . I explained that I was frightened to go in the room with this person spralled on the floor. The clerk said she would accompany me. She opened the door, walked around the person and proceeded to heat my water. Never asked or chased the person out. Why did we have to PAY when obviously you can use the "amenities" for free???

Other than the bug in the bathroom and missing light bulb I guess for what we needed our stay was adequate.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — homeless in the vending area
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bloomington Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

This hotel was disgusting! The room smelled terrible, it was dirty and there were bugs. The walls and sheets were dingy and the area did not appear to be safe. We were arriving late at night and had nowhere else to go, so we had to stay but it was awful. We left as soon as possible in the morning. The hotel was having a bunch of guests, there were no parking spots and people were hanging out and yelling late at night. Terrible place. I can say however that the staff could not have been sweeter.

• Liked — Staff was nice.
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything else.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Keller TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

It provided a comfortable place to spend the night while driving from S FL to TX. Only Coffee available in a.m. They give a 10% coupon for Waffle House 1 blk away. Walmart is just around the corner.

• Stayed May 2006
AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2005

This was a nice, friendly place to stay for those on a budget. We stayed here before cruising to Mexico from Mobile, AL. It is convenient to the port--only 10 minutes away.

• Stayed July 2005
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

Stayed at this Red Roof Inn one night, just passing through Mobile. Had made advance reservations since the motels in Mobile seem to stay booked at this time of year. Selected this property based on positive review on Tripadvisor. When I called to make the reservation, the clerk was very nice and friendly, so I had a good feeling about the place. We arrived about 7:30 pm after a 600 mile trip with 2 small kids. Within a few minutes of the kids getting down and playing on the floor, their feet were absolutely black. The motel was sold out, as were many other places in Mobile due to a sports event, and after such a long day I just wanted to go to bed. Tried to keep the kids off the floor, which was hard after a long car trip. Also the counter by the sink wasn't very clean and I felt the need to wipe it down with antibacterial wipes myself. On the positive side, the motel was cheap (you get what you pay for, I know) and right next door to a Cracker Barrel where we went to breakfast the next day. When we checked out and the lady asked how everything was, I told her the room wasn't clean and I had to keep my kids off the floor. At first I thought she was just going to ignore me, but when the printout came off the printer she tore it up and said she wouldn't charge me for the room. I didn't make a fuss or anything, she just voluntarily comped our room which was nice I thought. Nice that the desk clerks at Red Roof have this power to make customers happy - unlike a Super 8 we stayed at in Tennessee... anyway, the previous reviewer had a good experience with a very clean room, so I suspect that some rooms have been cleaned/renovated while others are fairly nasty. If you choose to stay here, I'd recommend asking specifically for a little used / recently cleaned or renovated room. Not all are created equal at this motel...

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Red Roof Inn Mobile North? Share your experiences!