“Not Bad at All” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Admiral Semmes Hotel

You added Admiral Semmes Hotel to your Saves list
Admiral Semmes Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   251 Government Street, Mobile, AL 36602 (Formerly Radisson )   |
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
“Not Bad at All”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2005

I booked this hotel to attend a wedding in May. I was worried when I read the previous reviews, but I was pleased with my stay. When we arrived to the hotel, the parking was fine & our room was clean. The AC will free your toes off if your not careful (Ha Ha). The hotel restaurant has a great breakfast buffet & the pool area is nice & supplied with clean towels by the staff. The hotel is in walking distance to a few attractions (Art Museum & Exploretorium). The only downside was our room key cards had probelms. We had to get two different sets made because when we would swipe the card nothing would happened & we could not get into our room. Also, check your bill to make sure there are no room service charges that are not yours-it was not a probelm for the front deck to fix. Overall, I liked the hotel & would stay here again for the price (about $100) a night.

• Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2004

Carpets filthy. Light bulbs out. Staff indifferent. Parking inconvenient. Price outrageous for what you get.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2004

We were not pleased with this hotel at all. The rooms need a great deal of work. The ceiling was cracking, the wallpaper was falling off of the wall, the bathroom was so small you could barely shut the door. The pool was very small also and needed cleaning. I have stayed in cheap hotels that were in better shape than this one

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2004

I conduct an annual business trip to Mobile, AL every year and I always stay at the Radisson Admiral Semmes Hotel. The hotel is very quaint and appealing. A restaurant/bar on the premises including room service. I must say that the food is really good at the restaurant including a buffet breakfast (hot and cold). Located in near a small downtown area for easy and safe strolling.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2003

The Radisson Admiral Semmes is one of the nicer hotels I have stayed in. I just finished a review of the Lafayette Plaza Hotel across the street from the Radisson. We checked out of the LPH 20 minutes after checking in because it was filthy. The Radisson took us in with open arms. Elegantly restored old hotel. The age of the hotel shows in a nice way. The rooms are nice with ceiling fans which you don't find very often. Very clean hotel and the front desk was friendly and courteous. It's a treat to stay in a vintage hotel which has been carefully restored to make it a wonderful place to stay. I highly recomend this hotel if you are travelling to Mobile.

Been to Admiral Semmes Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Admiral Semmes Hotel

Address: 251 Government Street, Mobile, AL 36602 (Formerly Radisson )
Location: United States > Alabama > Mobile
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Admiral Semmes Hotel 2.5*
Located in Downtown Mobile, the Historic Admiral Semmes Hotel is a unique and beautiful destination for all types of travelers. The Admiral Semmes Hotel provides modern accommodations and is conveniently located near major Mobile attractions. The Admiral Semmes Hotel also features Oliver's Restaurant and the Admiral's Corner Lounge, along with ample banquet and meeting space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Admiral Semmes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Radisson Mobile
Mobile Radisson

If you own or manage Admiral Semmes Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.