“great room, great price.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Labor Day Savings!
Ranked #29 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
“great room, great price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Everything was great except they power went out and they have no backup generator

• Stayed June 2011
oursideofthestory, General Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us. If your travels take you back to Mobile we would love to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oxford,MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

The Marriott family of hotels is rapidly becoming my favorite line of hotels. I can always count on the hotel to be moderately priced, very clean and comfortable. This Coutyard is no exception - the are renovating the lobby to the new bistro format which I have seen in Germantown / Memphis area - this is a great addition that really updated the hotels. The room will be nicely appointed and of cours very comfy. The staff here is nice; though generally I have minimal staff interaction when traveling domestically unless I am on a long trip. You will be able to get a great deal on this hotel via Priceline this property shouldn't disappoint. Breakfast buffet is $9 (cheeeeeeap) and very nice. The property is also located near many malls, restraunts, bars and additional shopping. Great property - looking forward to another Marriott Stay soon!

• Stayed March 2012
oursideofthestory, General Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive comments. It is always a pleasure to welcome our repeat guests' back to the hotel. We are very proud of our staff, who commit 100% to taking care of our guests. It is my pleasure to share your comments with each of them. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. By then, you will be able to experience our newly upgraded lobby and "Bistro" .
North Caroline
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Its been a while since we stayed on a Courtyard but this place did not live up to what we normally expect at a Marriott property. Generally its old and a bit dingy. The location is quiet inconvenient as its on a service road do its annoying to come and go from it. The rooms are old and the carpets are dirty. Overall I would not recommend third place. I will day that the starry is pleasant and three guy st the breakfast gives awesome service. Breakfast was a great for $9.

• Stayed November 2011
oursideofthestory, Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We appreciate feedback that will allow us to make improvements that will make our hotel an even better place to stay than ever before.

I am so proud to announce the renovation of our lobby, restaurant and business center. "The Bistro" is going to be a fun place to grab a Starbucks coffee, juice, breakfast sandwich or eggs made to order. In the evening, The Bistro will be a fun place to gather, share a meal, glass of wine, beer or specialty drink with family, friends and business associates. With the new media center, movie room and library, The Bistro will be your favorite place to gather.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and hearing your thoughts on the new lobby area and of course The Bistro. Whether its a quick breakfast, starbucks coffee in the morning or a leisurely evening watching a movie or doing work at one of our private media pods, you will certainly feel comfortable. Hope to see you soon.

Chris Turner
Asst. General Manager
The Courtyard by Marriott
Mobile, Al.
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

The room was nice, beds confortable. Check-in daytime staff were very friendly & helpful, our door keys did not work that evening & when I went to the counter to ge help the evening staff were very snippy & acted like it was chore to help you. We were asked was it our fault that the key did not work. Breakfast at $8.95 was very nice and wait starff -excellent. But beware the bill and early resevation stated I would be chared $259.95, but once returning home when checking bank statement, hotel charged my card $300.00, supposedly when checking in they charge a one time fee of $25.00 - even adding that the bill should be only $284.95. When called they said should get that reimbursed back. Not once was this mentioned online or when checking in....TRAVELER BEWARE!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor - end of hall, other than hearing doors slamming, was very quite, could n...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

We display a sign at the front desk that explains the 25% deposit that is debited from your debit card at check in. Obviously, any deposit is credited back to the credit/debit card immediately upon check out and should be released back to the guest as soon as the bank can process it. I am sorry this was an inconvienace to you but it is a policy that most hotels follow including The Courtyard.

Chris Turner
Asst. General Manager
The Courtyard by Marriott
Mobile, Al.
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

had a great week here during the lpga golf tournament, nice clean room good ac and tv,nice breakfast in the morning too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Pensacola Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

After numerous stays the staff, rooms and facilities are excellent as always. Quiet location even though adjacent to interstate 65. Front desk helpful and courteous. Will continue to stay when travel takes us to this area and would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
North Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Another business trip coming to an end and my 6 day stay at the Mobile Courtyard was a pleasure. From the time I checked end the staff was attentive and professional. The facility is well built and quiet. Being well built and quiet is top on my list when staying at a hotel, a noisy facility means I never stay there again. The workout room had exactly what I wanted and there indoor pool meant you didn't have to contend with the afternoon mosquitoes. My third room room was very comfortable and as always, the Courtyard mattress’s are the best.
The market place was well stocked and they did a great job on the breakfast buffet. I will be staying here again on my next Mobile trip.

Room Tip: Top floor at any hotel is always advisable
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business