“Typical Comfort Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Cleveland, Georgia
“Typical Comfort Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly. The motel is in a good location, close to restaurants and easy access to I-10. Hooters is also walking distance from the motel, which was a bonus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We normally stay in Saraland when visiting our daughter at college however this time we needed to stay in Mobile proper. When I called to say that my youngest was sick and needed to check in early they couldn't be more accommodating. Upon arrival they processed us very quick and had put us in a room as soon as possible at 11:15 AM!!!!
The room was comfortable and being able to get my daughter to bed asap was wonderful
The beds are some of my favorite and the price was great.
Breakfast was a bit skimpy but it was Christmas morning and there were a lot of travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Easy access off of I-10 and good Comfort Suites Quality. Breakfast includes eggs and sausage, in addition to the rest of the standard fare. Service was good and the free wifi worked well.

The only complaint would be that room service had set the A/C cold enough to be able to hang meat in the room; and we had to turn it to heat in order to make it comfortable. This when the outside temperature was in the 80's.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I stopped at this property twice this summer, once on the night of June 3/4 and once the night of July 7/8. Both check-ins were well after midnight as we were driving late on the way to/from OK from FL. Even for a 3:00 a.m. check-in, the front desk personnel was friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and very clean. A good variety was offered for breakfast: make-your-own waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, muffins, fruit. We were a bit later than 11:00 a.m. checking out both stays. Again, a different front desk person was very agreeable and accomodating. We drove later than we wanted to on the return, just so we could stay at this property again. Our only slightly negative observation, which might be a positive for some travelers, is that at both stays our room was so cold at check-in that we turned the air off and left if off through the night and until our check-out the next day. The hotel is a good find for us and we'll be back.

Room Tip: We don't think you can go wrong with a room at this property.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night on way to Florida. The rooms were nice, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was your typical free hotel breakfast. Nothing special but good and convenient. The man at the counter was rude when we checked in. Seemed a little flustered but there were several trying to check in at that time and he was busy. But later in the evening we came back through. He was the only one in lobby and he was still rude. I guess his temperment earlier in day wasn't because he was busy. Must just be how he is. But aside from that we had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our stay was very nice, one night on the way to Destin FL. Room was nice and clean, comfortable bed. Lobby staff was great. Very good breakfast. Will return.

Room Tip: Our room was great. Don't know about the other rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Concord, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel falsely accusssed my wife and I of smoking in their Hotel Room and charged us $168.00 for cleaning charges. I learned of the charge after returning home to NH (Jan 18th) from our trip and immediately called the hotel and asked for an explanation (I assumed they had the wrong room/date of stay as we have never smoked a day in our lives!) and the manager said she would check with the staff and call me in the AM. The call never came. I reported this issue to Choice (1-800 number) who promised I would get a response in 72 Hours, the response never came. I have repeatedly called the hotel and have even contacted the Better Business Bureau of Southern Alabama, written to Choice HQ, and no luck. I even tried working through my credit card company but the Hotel refused to reverse the charges as we "disregarded" their no smoking policy. I am extremely frustrated with this hotChoice and I will never stay at another franchise hotel again.

Room Tip: Make certain you go through room with a hotel memeber upon checkout to avoid bogus fees
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Mobile? Share your experiences!