“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 65 hotels in Mobile
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our stay was very nice, one night on the way to Destin FL. Room was nice and clean, comfortable bed. Lobby staff was great. Very good breakfast. Will return.

Room Tip: Our room was great. Don't know about the other rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Concord, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel falsely accusssed my wife and I of smoking in their Hotel Room and charged us $168.00 for cleaning charges. I learned of the charge after returning home to NH (Jan 18th) from our trip and immediately called the hotel and asked for an explanation (I assumed they had the wrong room/date of stay as we have never smoked a day in our lives!) and the manager said she would check with the staff and call me in the AM. The call never came. I reported this issue to Choice (1-800 number) who promised I would get a response in 72 Hours, the response never came. I have repeatedly called the hotel and have even contacted the Better Business Bureau of Southern Alabama, written to Choice HQ, and no luck. I even tried working through my credit card company but the Hotel refused to reverse the charges as we "disregarded" their no smoking policy. I am extremely frustrated with this hotChoice and I will never stay at another franchise hotel again.

Room Tip: Make certain you go through room with a hotel memeber upon checkout to avoid bogus fees
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

It was a little tricky to find and check in took a while (it was a busy night). Everything else was great. Nice, clean room, comfortable beds, good breakfast. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Newbern, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel, and I give it good reviews. The beds were comfortable, and the room was kept clean. Breakfast was good, consisting of sausage, eggs, gravy, biscuits, fruits, cereals and pastries. The only drawback I had with the breakfast was the biscuits were doughy at times, and the egg-and-cheese combo wasn't to my liking. However, I didn't go away hungry. The outside air was too cold for the pool, so I can't review that, though it looked bigger than many hotel pools, and it appeared clean. This hotel served the purpose of providing us with a good night's rest.

Getting to the hotel is another totally different question. This is not really their fault, and I don't downgrade the place for it. The Comfort Inn is on a sideroad between two major roads, and then it is back behind other hotels. The Comfort Inn sign is at ground-level, while competitor signs are skyward. We drove by it twice before realizing this. The easiest way to find this hotel is to get off at the I-10 exit, and look for the Super 8 Motel sign. That sign stands out. You turn on the left side of the Super 8 sign, and there is the drive entrance. The ground-level Comfort Inn sign is on the left side of the drive, while the Super 8 sign is on the right. This is especially helpful when coming into this location at night.

One other note, this hotel had a map of Mobile available, and plenty of tourist attraction materials. It was nicely priced, and in good shape. Once you get the trick of finding it down, this hotel should serve your overnight needs while in Mobile.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed here before visiting Bellingrath Gardens on our way to New Orleans. The propery is newer and was lovely. The beds were wonderful, and the room was very clean. The room had a sofa and desk, microwave, and refrigerator. The breakfast was also great. They had assorted cereal, bagels, toast, pastries, eggs, bisquits, bacon, hard boiled eggs, yogart, fruit, assorted juice, and two kinds of waffles. Neat, clean, comfy, and a great breakfast--you can't ask for more. Stay here you won't be sorry.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel would not honor any of the so called privileges that choice hotels rewards program advertise . Having a job that works me late nights I always need a late check out and they refused to give me that. The hall way smells like fermented burnt hair

• Stayed February 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

Initially didnt think we were going to get a good room here at Tillmans corner, but I was suprised by Comfort Suites. This place is obviously ran by the right management bc things are done right. Our room was clean, the peipke were nice, and the free bkft was good. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Comfort Suites Mobile? Share your experiences!