“could not ask for more” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile Providence Park/Airport

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile Providence Park/Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile Providence Park/Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   525 Providence Park Drive, Mobile, AL 36695   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
HHonors Double Points!
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Certificate of Excellence 2014
CC TX
“could not ask for more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I wish all hotels bent over backwards like this hotel did. We had a baby that the front desk did everything they could to accommodate us including giving us milk for the baby. Wonderful staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Amongst Hampton Inns, this is the best I have found. Clean, attentive, friendly, and located in a wooded area of Mobile. I stay at Hampton Inn often when I travel because of the consistency and familiarity. So, to find one that is exceptionally better is a real treat.

Booking this hotel for a stay may be a challenge, it is my understanding that a number of rooms were blocked for the oil spill. We called the 1-800 number and were told the hotel was full. We called the hotel directly to get a room. There was plenty of space available.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

We LOVED this hotel - the staff was unbelievably friendly, they always said hello to you. Even the next morning when I was loading the van, employees who were arriving to work said hello to me in the parking lot - just like I was a friend of theirs - we were very impressed & felt welcomed here.

The breakfast was AMAZING - the best of all the hotels during our 9 day trip! I wish all hotels would follow their breakfast example! The breakfast staff was exceptionally friendly like all their employees - I was sitting at a table in their large dining area and my son went to refill my juice - a breakfast worker noticed I did not have a beverage and asked me if she could bring me some coffee. You will feel very welcome at this hotel - they treat you like royalty!!

The rooms were very nice & clean & I loved all the pillow choices. But the room was freezing cold when we got there, the thermostat was set on a frigid 60 degrees! Brrrr - it took a while & the heater to get it back to a comfortable temp.

However, this hotel is VERY hard to find - there is no sign along the main street what-so-ever. I had a printed copy of my reservation which said "From I-65 take Exit 3-Airport Boulevard. Go west on Airport Boulevard. Hotel is past hospital on left - four miles from Mobile Regional Airport." We did this - we past the hospital on the left & no Hampton Inn - we kept going. We wondered where could the hotel be? We looked at the map and noticed the intersection we were currently at - way past where the hotel should be at. So we turned around and tried again.

You will NOT see the hotel or a Hampton Inn sign along Airport Blvd. - infact, you will not see anything at all indicating there are hotels in that area. It was suppose to be located at the intersection of Airport Boulevard and Providence Park Drive. But you will not see a street sign that says "Providence Park Drive". The only thing you will see is a Neighborhood sign that says "Providence Park" - this is where you turn in - the area is full of trees and you have no idea you are entering an area full of hotels - you can't see any of this from Airport Blvd. It is right by the hospital - so if you go, don't look for a hotel, a Hampton sign, or even a street sign - look for a neighborhood sign that says "Providence Park" and turn there. Keep driving and you will eventually see a tiny, maybe 3 foot tall sign that says Hampton Inn and you are there!

I'm sure this is set up this way due to city zoning rules or something but it's awful to find. I think they should let the city know, it's not customer friendly for them not to have proper signage. Perhaps Hampton could give directions stating "turn immediately after hospital on left - look for a nighborhood sign that says Providence Park and turn left". Hope this review helps future guests find the hotel easier that we did!

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Hudson Valley, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

We spent 1 night at the Hampton Inn. The hotel is in a very nice quiet location well off the main road, but still close to local stores, restaurants, and the Mobile airport. I found the furnishings and overall feel of the hotel to be a bit above the typical Hampton Inn. The room (and hotel in general) were clean and well kept. Breakfast in the morning seemed to have a few more selections than the typical Hampton Inn breakfast. The exercise room was clean and the equipment was in good working order. Throughout our stay we found staff helpful and friendly. Overall our stay was enjoyable and I'd recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

This hotel, although a little far off the interstate route, was very clean and had very competent staff. Checking in was a snap and we were in a very spacious suite within minutes of arriving. The room was very clean, updated and spacious.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

First stayed at the Hampton Inn Providence Park back in '07 when my husband and I flew down to Mobile for a family gathering. We've not stayed anywhere else in Mobile since. From the Director of Sales (hi Veronica!) to the Front Desk personnel (hello Kirby!) to housekeeping and on down to the ladies who set up breakfast, all are helpful, gracious and professional. The rooms are lovely and clean, the location can't be beat and the breakfast is more than adequate. Oh, and free coffee (fresh and hot) 24/7 ... fantastic!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

This is a great property. Everything is clean and spacious, location is great, and the staff is outstanding. You will be happy here.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile Providence Park/Airport? Share your experiences!