“Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 63 hotels in Mobile
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding, along with many other family members. The hotel was very accommodating--they allowed us to linger in the common area, which has a very modern design. I was impressed with the quality of the room and bathroom for the price--flat screen tv, free wifi, modern furniture and fixtures, and nice bedding.

I left about 6 articles of clothing in the closet that were very valuable and I did not realize until I had returned home. I called the hotel and the front desk located the items immediately and within minutes had arranged for Fed Ex to ship them to me. They were extremely helpful and I was extremely grateful.

The only negative thing I can say about our stay is that there is a very strong detergent smell to the sheets and a bleach smell in the bathroom, when the water ran. I am very sensitive to smells so it was annoying. But the service was AMAZING and I was very impressed by accommodations. Great for families.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
lisalightseygm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Our team loved reading your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn I-65 Mobile, AL. It's especially nice to hear kudos. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write such lovely sentiments.

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night. The room was clean and had the standard amenities, and bed was ok. The door did not close all the way though and we accidentally left it open (only a small gap, you couldn't tell unless you pushed the door open) one time when we got out to get coffee from the lobby....good thing we were not out for a long time. Make sure you shut the door all the way when you leave! Not sure if this just applied to the room we stayed in though. Loved the cookies at the reception desk. Breakfast was not so good, the eggs tasted like cardboard and the bagels were dry. Bacon was ok. Not a huge selection of breakfast items. Better to just skip it and get some elsewhere. Had trouble getting someone to answer the phone at 9pm (was going to request for a wake up call). All in all it was an ok place for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
lisalightseygm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you your TripAdvisor response regarding your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites I-65 Mobile, Alabama. Because of your feedback, I personally have reviewed our telephone proceedure with all staff members. Egg preparation for breakfast has been modified to ensure our scrambled eggs are fresh and hot throughout the morning. We would be delighted to have you as our guest for future travel to Mobile. Our mission is not only to meet but to exceed your expectations.
Maroa, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

this hotel is very new or newly remodeled. the lobby is very nice but freezing cold!. the staff is very nice and friendly. the rooms are great, king size bed is comfortable and bathroom with plenty of storage. the outside area is well taken care of. the pool was clean as was the sitting areas. the breakfast starts at 6 am and is just ok. poor quality of food, sausage is manufactured and tasteless. but plenty of yogurt, oatmeal and other items to eat. the location was great for us. we would definately stay here again. they welcome you with chocolate chip cookies and have a small convenience store with snack and food items.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was just fine.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I really enjoyed my 2 day stay at this hotel for business. I was a guest in October 2012. The hotel appears to have been recently renovated. The hallways were bright and cheery. Rooms were clean, super comfortable, and quiet. When I first arrived, my original room had trash in it still. The general manager immediately apologized and rectified the situation by giving me a gift card without me even asking. The manager really knows how to treat her guests. In addition, the hotel takes safety precautions very seriously. As a female guest traveling alone on business, this has been the only hotel that I've been to where the front desk speaks quietly when confirming your check-in information. I greatly appreciated this. All in all, please consider staying at this hotel when you are traveling thru Mobile. It is a great value and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
North Royalton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We picked this hotel because of it proximity to the Mobile Bay Bears Stadium. We had a great stay. The breakfast bar was hot and had a wonderful variety of breakfast foods. I had read some negative comments about the breakfast selection but I found it excellent. The room was clean and quiet. The only down side was the height of the showerhead. It was very hard to reach and adjust. I would recommend this hotel. :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Had another great experience at the hampton. Staff was helpful in finding us a room. The renovations didn't disturb us! And the breakfast was yummy. We even received lots of "good mornings" from t he staff. Very nice and clean place!

• Stayed September 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one night passing through. Staff is very nice, hotel is very clean. The air conditioner did not work in my room and the desk clerk promptly moved me to another room. Breakfast was typical Hampton with hot and cold choices. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd? Share your experiences!