“Wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Warren, New Jersey
“Wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel itself is luxury level, with nice convenient location, spacious room, high ceiling, hard wood furniture, nice linen and appliances. But the most wonderful part about this hotel is its staff. Everybody we met was nice and helping, making us feel so welcomed. Every detail is perfect. There is also fresh coffee in the lobby in the morning. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I appreciate your comments and feedback about the hotel and staff. I will make sure to share with the entire hotel team.

Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your business and feedback.

I hope you make the Battle House Hotel & Spa part of your next trip to the city of Mobile.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Staff was wonderful. Internet 512 free but that's only good for emails so I had to pay more for streaming video bandwidth. Conference rooms had silver round cylinder and large fake diamond on the tables that were a pain because attendees knocked them down 80% of the time during the sessions I attended. Room was great, tub and shower perfect, nice view of river. I enjoyed watching the river activity. Worth repeating - the staff were wonderful.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
It was nice to see your comments posted on Trip Advisor this morning. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and were able to experience the activity on the busy river. It is fun to watch the ships, tugs, and other boats load and unload their cargo and manuever through the river.

I appreciate your business and hope you will have the opportunity to stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa in the future.

Thank you!
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We just returned from our stay @ Battle House.Our request for early check-in was granted.We were told @ check in we had a great view. This wasn't true.All we could see was the roof of a building & the RSA Tower next door.Wish we were given an option to request more than a roof top view.The room was very well maintained & spacious. Valet service was @ times a little slow.We visited Joe Cain & enjoyed our visit there.Although, we heard some complain about the volume of the music.We loved our stay with the exception of no view& the loud door slams.This will not deter us from staying here when in Mobile, we know to now request a room with a view.You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa during your trip to Mobile. I was happy to hear we were able to honor your early check-in request and that you enjoyed Joe Cain Cafe and the room overall. I apologize for the lack of a view. Many of our rooms look out over the city or at building rooftops due to the hotel's location in downtown Mobile. We do have a limited amount of rooms that do face out over the river. Please feel free to request a room with a river view during your next trip to the Battle House Hotel & Spa, we will be happy to assist you in this request.

I appreciate your business and thank you for your comments and feedback!
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in February 2012 when in town for Mardi Gras. Previously always stayed at the Admiral Semmes or Holiday Inn, but this was a much better option. Great location, very nice lobby, excellent staff, room was great. Highly recommend this hotel when in Mobile for business or fun!

• Stayed February 2013
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa during the city's Mardi Gras celebration.
I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again next Mardi Gras!

I appreciate your business and comments.

We look forward to having your stay with us again real soon!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Like most reviewers I really liked staying at this hotel. The enjoyment started with the valet, we stopped and chatted for a while about the area as I had not spent much time in Mobile before; I even learned about the New Year Mobile Moonpie drop! (And valet parking was well worth the $17)

The hotel has a lovely old part plus a new wing - I stayed in the older side and loved the room and bathroom decor. A colleague stayed in the new wing and was perfectly happy with it.

I'd also recommend this for business meetings and small events - great ballroom and meeting space.

If you want a genuine taste of Mobile, try the half-mile walk or short taxi ride along Dauphin street to Wintzell's.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you choosing to stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and your stay. If you have the opportunity to visit Mobile on New Year's Eve, the MoonPie Drop is a great way to ring in the new year! I am glad the Valet Team shared that experience with you.

Warm Regards!
Chester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We just returned from a 6 night stay at the Battle House... We have stayed there several times for business or conference's in the hotel... The hotel is a beautiful hotel in downtown Mobile. The pool area in the roof is very nice with snack bar/bar... It was a nice get away from work. Male bar tender over the past weekend was not very friendly and kind of a jerk. He would walk over and would give comp drinks to a few couples sitting together and hang out with them, however he would walk past other people in their chairs and not ask them if they wanted anything. ( I was sitting next to those people and could hear everything while relaxing in my chair....If you wanted something you had to go to him. Ok no problem, but when I get there and ask from a drink don't be jerk because I do not know your beer on tap because it is specialized to your area. Spa was beautiful, but the employees were rude.. seriously I was in the gift shop area for 10 mins looking at things and not one person spoke (not even to say hello) they just kept talking to each other...I wanted to purchase something or ask about services I wanted to schedule.. but after being ignored for so long I walked out. The hotel doors are very loud, but we are aware of it each time we go.. so bring some ear plugs if that bothers you.. Valet parking is 17 dollars a day and the valet attendance's were the nicest of all the employees at the hotel.. Overall a nice hotel, with nice sized rooms and bathrooms... I have stayed in the historic section and the tower and both are about the same.. we will be back. We have conferences in the hotel every so often. FYI there is a coffee shop just down the street Serdas which has great coffee and salmon bagels. :) There are also some cute shops Inside up near the park and quaint cafe... If you have a car, I recommend going to Fairhope... I loved that area... 20-30 min ride but so worth it...Nice shops and restaurants. While my fiance was in meetings I was in heaven shopping all day :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I want to apologize to you and your fiance for the poor service you experienced on the pool deck and also in the spa. This level of service is not acceptable to me or the hotel. I am very sorry you had to experience this during your stay. I appreciate your feedback and brining it to my attention. I will be following up with the departments involved and correcting this type of behavior immediately. I assure you this level of service is not part of the hotel's day-to-day operations. We will correct this moving forward.

I hope that the above mentioned incidents won't deter you from visiting the hotel in the future.

If there is anything I may do for you, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and ask for me.
Scott Maison, Rooms Division Manager.

Warm Regards!
covington, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

After a dysfunctional 90 minute delayed Delta flight from ATL, an Avis rep who can't tell the difference between Odometer and "miles before empty," it was a pleasure to walk into the Battle House and be treated like a REAL customer. The staff at check-in were incredible, the facility was in superb shape, the staff all exceeded the Marriott Mantra of "exceptional customer service." Room was spacious and comfy, internet fast, food was very good in the restaurant downstairs. I did a speaking program in the TreeHouse room for a nursing group. They had it set up perfectly and about 5 different staff continued to stop by to be sure "all is well." They were ahead of time on the coffee breaks and lunch, which helped keep us all on schedule. Can't wait to return on a vacation type trip !

Room Tip: I was on the waterway side and thought I'd hear a lot of boats coming thru during the night, sim...