This hotel was originally built in 1852 and burned down about 50 years later. Rebuilt, Andrew Jackson had his military headquarters here in the War of 1812. The hotel stood vacant for 30 years and recently is restored to its grandeur. There is history at every turn.
Parking is valet and most prompt with courteous attendants. When you enter the hotel you a greeted by an elaborate lobby with a breathtaking dome similar to the state capital with plaster carvings, original columns and French paintings covering the walls and ceiling.
We stayed on the 7th floor, with quiet surroundings and easy elevator access. Our room was very large with 2 queens and a fridge and fridge, flat screen tv, and large closet with safe. The bathroom is huge with a fantastic deep tub and shower with marble and granite and Aveda products.
Walk around the hotel or better yet, schedule a tour. Check out the architectural whispering arch. Katie was a most professional and interesting guide! She showed us where 3 presidents had stayed as well as restoration details. Joe Cain restaurant is a casual bar atmosphere with great Panini's, salads and pizza. The Greek salad and chicken panini was delicious and filling. Tavern bar is in the lobby with fabulous burgers, home chips and experienced bartender.
Check in and Check out was easy and enjoyable and took no time at all. Fabulous experience!
- Also Known As:
- The Battle House, a Renaissance Hotel
- The Battle House, a Renaissance Hotel Mobile
- The Battle Hotel Renaissance
- Renaissance Mobile
- Mobile Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Battle House Renaissance Hotel & Spa, one of the premiere hotels in Mobile, Alabama, located downtown in the Central Business District across from the Mobile Convention Center. This downtown hotel in Mobile, AL has been a favorite of entertainment celebrities, sports legends, a president and a king since 1852. The Battle House was thoughtfully resorted to its original grandeur and is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. This legendary AAA Four Diamond Hotel also offers The Trellis Room, Mobile's only Four Diamond Restaurant. The Spa at The Battle House is a 10,000 sq. ft. oasis boasting a full salon, eight treatment rooms, and a Zen-like fire pit in our spectacular, tranquil Quiet Room. Host unforgettable affairs inside the magnificent Crystal Ballroom & marvel at our whispering arches (our acoustical feature). Join us in Mobile's Living Room, located just steps from Mobile's Entertainment District, Gulf Coast Exploreum & Imax, the Carnival Museum, Museum of Mobile & Fort Conde. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Tingo and Orbitz so you can book your The Battle House, a Renaissance Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.