“Romantic Birthday Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 65 hotels in Mobile
Destin, Florida
“Romantic Birthday Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We live in Destin, but my parents live in Gulf Shores soooo wanted to drop the kids off and do a quick getaway for the weekend for my birthday. This hotel is a vacation in itself!! We never had to leave the whole weekend. We were warmly greeted by the Valets and check in was a breeze. The lady at checkin informed us of a free comedy show in one of the lounges which sounded really exciting. After checking out the room, which was AMAZING!! We went to the Tavern and had martinis and appetizers. The 99 cent dip is divine and we highly recommend the apple pepper shrimp...so good! We paid a little extra for a King Corner suite, which was located on the 4th floor and had a shared balcony ----although the other room I don't think was rented because it was like a private balcony. The tub was my favorite and had amble room for two adults and was 3 feet deep. The Aveda complementary bath products were really nice. We decided to just spend the whole weekend relaxing and ordered a rooms service a couple of time which was amazing. Will definately be back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

Happy belated Birthday!! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and had a wonderful Birthday. I hope you will have the opportunity to celebrate with us again next year!

394 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels, noteworthy for its history and charm, in addition to its stellar fitness area and rooftop pool. I had the chance to try their lounge, The Royal Street Tavern on my recent visit. The decor is great - lots of wood, eclectic fixtures - stylish without being pretentious. A nice place to enjoy one of their many bourbons and sample the food. I had their pub chips (excellent) and their wings (also fantastic). I'd put these wings up against anybody's. This place feels like a home away from home which is what a good hotel bar should be.

• Stayed January 2013
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the Royal Street Tavern and the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I thank you for your comments and appreciate your business.

Happy Mardi Gras!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We always stay here when we visit mobile, AL. The room in the historic section was wonderful and the pool deck exceptional. The location is close to a number of museums, shopping, and other activities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks for being a loyal customer of the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

I appreciate your feed back and comments.

We look forward to your return visit!

Happy Mardi Gras!
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at the Battle House in Mobile over a long weekend during Mardi Gras. The lobby is gorgeous, the rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. An employee stopped her work to take my husband and our toddler over to the "whisper arch" on the second floor, where you can whisper to someone across the room and your voice is carried by the arch as though you were speaking to them through a speaker. Very cool! The walls did seem thin, and we heard doors slamming down the hall VERY loudly in our room. I think this might be more of a problem in some hallway rooms, but in our corner room, the bed was far away from the hall, so the noise wasn't as troubling. We could hear our neighbors through the bathroom wall loud and clear, but it didn't bother us much.

Room Tip: The corner king room had a small balcony and was somewhat insulated from the hallway noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am glad you chose the Battle House Hotel & Spa during your Mardi Gras experience. Thank you for your business and kind words. I appreciate your feedback.

Mardi Gras, as you can imagine, is one of the city's busiest times of the year. We have guests from all over the country stay with us and I am so glad that you were one of them.

If you have the chance to visit the hotel in the future, please stop by and say hello! I would love to meet you and thank you for choosing the Battle House Hotel & Spa.
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed for a mere 10 hours. However, the hotel was beautiful and impressive. My room was one of the largest king rooms I've ever experienced and the bathroom was truly luxurious. The staff went out of their way to help me. The use of the business center was essential for my purposes and it was well equipped with computers and a good printer. I would love to stay longer!

Room Tip: I received a free upgrade to a king corner - the view was awesome and the room was amazing!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for expressing your great comments about your stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa.
I appreciate the positive feedback and your business.

I hope that the next time you are in Mobile, you will find your way back to the hotel for another visit so you can stay longer and enjoy all that the hotel has to offer.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a lovely hotel with a lot of history behind the building. The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. The room had adequate space and the bathroom was great with its large stand up shower and granite fixtures. Again, the view from the window was not great and we didn't think to ask about the view before we were shown to our room. The bell boy was very thorough and got us ice too. The room was clean and a good size, but it missed the "wow" factor that I was expecting after seeing the lobby!! The hotel is nicely located in the downtown area and close to the historic district.

Room Tip: If a view from the window in your room is important, stipulate that when you make reservations.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to post the highlights of your stay while visiting the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and that our Valet staff was helpful in taking you to your room and getting you some ice.

If you have the opportunity to visit Mobile in the future, please remember that you are always welcome at the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

Thank you!
Willmar, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Last weekend spent two nights at BH in Mobile. Desk clerk was aware that I was very tired after a long flight, so she booked me on the 8th floor. What a nice place! The room was gigantic and the bathroom had both a glass standup shower and a big tub. The 8th floor in the older part is quieter than lower floors. Had a great time in Mobile- Mardi Gras and Senior Bowl. That town was hopping.

Room Tip: 8th floor is the place to stay in the old part. Very very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am glad that you enjoyed a restful night at the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

I appreciate your comments and hope that you will visit the hotel again in the future.

Thank you!

Been to The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!