“EXCELLENT reason to stay in Mobile” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jacksonville, Alabama, United States
“EXCELLENT reason to stay in Mobile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

This is probably the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The room was super comfortable and clean. The only thing I disliked was the view in the Historic section of the hotel. You open the window and all you see is parking garage haha, but other than that everything was AMAZING. The service was extra helpful and nice in all areas of the hotel and the inclusion of a downstairs bar area and restaurant made our stay ideal. I definitely intend to stay here again soon!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. We do offer other room types that have different views of the city of Mobile. Next time you stay at the hotel, please feel free to ask one of our front desk ambassadors to assist you in finding a room with a different view.

Thanks for staying with us during your visit to Mobile.

Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Honestly the town of Mobile has nothing much to do. I spent more time in this fantastic hotel more than staying outside. Plus it's below 50 degree and windy by the time I got in town.
Katie at the front desk gave me a welcoming check-in and Toni offered an excellent check-out experiences. I also love the spa and the ladies quiet room as well as the steam room. My weekend getaway was totally worth it!

Room Tip: One night staying in this little town is good enough to discover its all.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments that you have shared on Trip Advisor. I appeciate your kind words.

I am glad you were able to enjoy our spa and relax a little while at the hotel.

You will need to schedule a return visit when a little warmer. There is much to discover in the city of Mobile.

Thank you for choosing the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Metairie, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We spent the night at the Battle House last week and had a wonderful visit. The lobby is amazing and the Christmas decorations were stunning - including a giant tree in the center of the lobby. The staff was wonderful - from Tori at the front desk to the valets for our car. We went in and out a good bit and they were always there to quickly get our car for us. The room we had was in the historic area of the hotel and overlooked Royal Street. The bed and bed linens were terrific. The bed was very comfortable and everything was in great condition. The towels were thick and spotlessly white. We loved having both a wonderful deep tub and a seperate shower stall in the bathroom - which was one of the most beautiful bathrooms I have ever seen in a hotel. We ate a light supper in the casual restaurant - service and food were OK, but the music was much too loud. We also went to the bar after dinner for a drink. The bar is beautiful and the live entertainment there was nice, with a piano and singer. We had the breakfast buffet in the Trellis Room of the hotel and it was very good. All in all, I would never go to Mobile again unless I stayed at the Battle House! If it were possible to give it an even higher rating than excellent, I would.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I was excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate the great comments and feedback in regards to the music in one of our outlets. I will follow up on this with the Food & Beverage team.

I am going to share your comments with the entire hotel team. The ambassadors that you mentioned by name will be happy to see your comments about them.

Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I look forward to your return visit.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Hotel is in a great location convient to the convention center and shops downtown. Room was great and had the largest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel and was clean as a pin. Stayed a week and used the valet parking daily with no problems. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Only thing was I had a room facing the roof.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send in your comments about your recent stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our valet staff and hotel during your visit.

If you have the opportunity to visit the hotel in the future, we do offer varying views of the city throughout the different room types that we offer. Please feel free to ask one of the hotel's front desk ambassadors and they will be happy to assist you.

Have a happy and safe holiday season and I look forward to having you as one of our guests again in the future.
College Park, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a wonderful room with a nice view of the river. We had a great balcony although didn't stay there long enough to use it. The bed wasn't as comfortable as we expected but the hotel is beautiful, clean and close to downtown restaurants and events.

However, the valet parking area can be challenging if the hotel is crowded.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room in the new tower. It was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send in your comments about your recent stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your feedback. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your room during your stay. I hope you will have the opportunity to visit the hotel again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I was impressed with the historic elegance and modern comfort of the Battle House Hotel. Rooms were impeccably clean and comfortable with the upscale touches you would expect from a Renaissance Hotel property. I dined at the casual cafe for lunch and enjoyed that as well. Unfortunately there is little in the way of quality dining options in walking distance, especially for breakfast and dinner. So the location, while convenient to the Mobile Convention Center and downtown, is subpar. But that is more about Mobile than this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were upgraded to nice large room with a big closet and bathroom. The location is just one half a block from the downtown restuarants and bars and the staff were very friendly. The only starge thing was the very small shower in the very large bathroom.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!