“Quiet and relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Mobile B&B and Inns
Texas
“Quiet and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Location is great for all the downtown sites. Stephen was a very helpful and a courteous host. Breakfast was delicious both mornings. The bed was very comfy. What drew us was the hot tub and it was so nice after a 7 hour drive and all the walking from site seeing. The pool was to cold but expected for this time of year. The exterior does need a little face lift but it doesn't take away from the inside charm. My only suggestion would be to upgrade the TV's.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night during a recent quick trip to Mobile. The Inn was in a very convenient location; the house and property were clean and well-maintained. I stayed in the poolhouse room, which was very comfortable, quiet, and private - perfect for me. I had to change my arrival time at the last minute and Stephen was very accommodating to the change in plans. Stephen is a wonderful resource about the city and traditions of Mobile; I greatly enjoyed my time spent chatting with him and learning about the city I'd come to visit. The breakfast served was fantastic - made primarily from local foods and with a definite flavor of the region. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Berney Fly is in a good location and Stephen was helpful, however, the property certainly doesn't meet the pictures shown on the internet. Pictures show a bright yellow house, which is sorely in need of paint. Please invest in some new towels for your future guests, as ours were similar to ones I use to dry my car after washing it at home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
berneyfly, General Manager at Berney Fly Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Yes, I agree the house needs to be painted; therefore, the Berney Fly Staff is in the middle of painting the house. Perhaps our guests were not too observant to notice the caulking, scraping, and two fresh painted walls on the outside of the house while they were staying at beginning of March, 2013, or the staff at the Berney Fly Bed and Breakfast tried not to make an inconvenient for our guests to notice the work in progress. By the way, Mobile does receive on the average 68 inches of rain each year to make any outside construction work very challenging and very time consuming. Thank you for your suggestions.
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I made a reservation at the last minute because I needed to stay in Mobile for work. Stephen was great and did everything he could to make our stay great. We had three of us and he gave us the downstairs room with the music room for the same price. We also had to leave really early and he made us a bagged breakfast. It was a very comfortable great house and I definitely recommend this bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: The bottom floor room was great for more than two people.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed our two nights at Berney Fly very much. We had the Spanish Room and connecting Music Room. Steven was extremely accommodating in providing excellent directions to restaurants for lunches and dinners, as well as feeding us very well at breakfast. He provided small supplemental electric heaters that were just right in supplying a little extra heat during a January cold snap. We would definitely return on a future visit to Mobile.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Delicious home cooked breakfasts and knowledgeable, helpful, gracious hosts. Reasonable rates and walk downtown if you wish. It's the place to stay in Mobile. We walked to the Mardi Gras, out to eat and enjoyed the bustling downtown Friday and Saturday. What a friendly town.

Room Tip: We stayed in the pool house, separate from the main house and loved it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Benton, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to Mobile again for the GoDaddy.com Bowl. Arkansas State WON...for the record.
We chose Berney Fly because of price and location. Many other places inflated their prices due to the game, especially those near the downtown area. I appreciate BF being consistent with their pricing.
We stayed in the French Art Deco which had a private bath. We were just off the pool area which was a very nice area, but it was too cold to take advantage the pool area this time. This room came with the private bathroom. We were glad to have the bathroom but note that it is a bit small. It does have a very nice old style tub in it for those that like a hot bath. My wife loved that part! The tub was fitted with a shower curtain which made showers a bit tight, but not really a problem. The bed was decent and plenty big for the two of us.
The breakfasts were very good and Steven can make a MEAN Caribbean Black Eyed Pea dish! I have to get that recipe next time. You will also likely read about cheese grits on here and they really are in fact all that they say they are. You must try them...a big scoop of them.
Berney is about 25 minutes walk from downtown and we didn't have a problem walking in the daytime or at night. It worked out very well for us.
All in all, we were happy with our stay at BF and we would do it again. Note: I will come prepared to eat more peas next time so plan ahead!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Berney Fly Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!