“Fresh Seafood Feast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fresh Seafood Feast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

After a long drive I was given this restaurant as a choice for fresh Seafood in the Mobile AL, area. I was craving fresh Seafood and Wintzell's did fit the bill. If I had one concern was that the chef needs to lighten up on the SALT and let the fresh seafood flavor to come through. I wanted to taste their fresh oysters and my server brought me two on the house. Delish and thanks Nikki. I'll be back!!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“High Marks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Went to the downtown Mobile location around 3 p.m. The fried green tomatoes with the crawfish sauce was really really good. Husband had one of the day's specials--stuffed flounder filets with side of cheese grits and broccoli. I had one of the other day's specials, which was the grilled red snapper over rice covered with Bienville sauce and grilled shrimp with a side of creamy coleslaw, washed down with an ice cold adult beverage. Not cheap but what a treat! Had leftovers to enjoy later.

Wait staff extremely attentive and manager checked on us also.

Highly recommend!

“AWESOME lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband, myself and my parents went to the Downtown Mobile location for lunch after visiting the USS Alabama and we were so lucky to have Miss Pinky as our server! She was the best! My husband had the charbroiled oysters which he said was delish! My mom has the fried shrimp and said it was good. I had the shrimp po boy which was the best I have ever had......the bread that it was served on was so crusty and flaky....delish! My dad had what Miss Pinky referred to as a big bowl of love, he was full after that (he is never full after a meal)! We had a wonderful experience and will be trying the Orange Beach location.....hoping for as good an experience the second time!!!!!!

Mobile, Alabama
“Perfect Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you go to the one in downtown Mobile, ask for Ms. Pinky (if she is still working there)! She'll treat you right! She made my birthday last year extra special and is just overall nice. All of the waiters/waitresses there are. The building is covered in funny (and punny) quotes that'll keep lunch or dinner conversations going on and on. Awesome seafood, decent pricing, great atmosphere. There isn't really anything bad to say here!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jasper, Georgia
“Snapper Bienville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had the Char-Grilled oysters for lunch, which was a really great dish, and we enjoyed it so much we came back for lunch the next day before we left town. The special was Snapper Bienville, which surely should be on the menu. The fish was super fresh and cooked to perfection. The blackened shrimp were delicious as well. This was the best fish I have had in several years. The smoked tuna dip was great as well. Great atmosphere, delicious food and good service as well. I will not pass by Mobile again without coming here for a meal! Yum!

• Visited October 2013