“Dinner was good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Dinner was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We eat the buffet and enjoyed the food. I would recommend going early in evening, don't wait till 8.

Visited May 2012

Mobile, Alabama
“Sublime Spring Rolls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Awesome lunch specials with tasty spring rolls featured every day

Visited April 2012
Louisiana
“Unimpressive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

First off, what is the deal with the plastic on the chairs and booth benches? I almost slid under the table! Secondly, the waitstaff is ridiculously slow, uninformed, and clueless on how to service a table. The waitress brought out 1/3 of our order then brought the rest out 10 minutes later? The food... Can't really say it was bad but the pad Thai was nothing special and the sushi was small, the rice wasn't regular sushi rice, and it just wasn't "special". Service needs to improve because the food isn't good enough to make you forget the bad service.

Visited July 2011
Mobile, AL
“Thai Cashew Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Thai Cashew Chicken is the Specialty of the House and deservedly so. I've been going to Bangkok for years and just now discovered this dish. Very generous portion of boneless chicken fried crispy and tossed with a hot and sweet sauce that preserves the crispiness. Cashews, scallions, carrots and bell peppers complete the dish. Outstanding. There are 2 cashew chicken dishes on the menu. Make sure it is the one with Thai in the name.
The lunch buffet is also very good.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alabama
“It has a buffet... limited but we love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

This restaurant is one location of three in the area (there's one on Airport Blvd. in Mobile, and the newest location is across the bay in Daphne, Alabama. I believe this is the original location and has been in business for years now. It's in what used to be a house so it feels a lot more casual than the others and might not look great from the outside, but don't let that stop you. The biggest problem with the building is that it doesn't have big commercial doors & allows flies to get inside sometimes. The server apologized and said they were trying to take care of that.

This location is the only one of the three locations that has a buffet, and that's what we go here for. Currently the buffet is only offered for weekday lunch and Friday evening but that changes, so check before you go.

The buffet is very limited compared to the huge Chinese buffets in town, but they have a decent variety of Thai food and I believe you can also order off the menu. There's always a tray of Pad Thai and there's extra peanut sauce by the salad area. There are usually at least two different kinds of curry and this place is where I really started liking curry. There are other spicy and not-spicy things to choose from... plenty to eat. The items on the buffet change from one time to the next and they're a bit lax sometimes in labeling the different things. I would like to know what everything is because I might want to order it off the menu some time.

I really like that they have an area where you can get the different sauces in little dishes and take them to your table. The salads are unique... I've liked every kind I've tried. There are fried wontons, rolls like egg rolls (fried) and the transparent kind (don't know for sure what they're called), rice, noodles... a good variety. My son, who kept saying he didn't like Thai food for years, now likes it because he was able to choose things that looked good to him.

One thing I dislike at this location and the others is the big heavy chairs. They're really beautiful but nearly impossible to move, especially when the tables are pretty close together. The tables also have BIG pedestal bases/legs so the big chairs bump into them and make it harder yet to move them around. But they really add to the atmosphere and are beautiful.

We've taken my toddler granddaughter there and she loved it, too, but she loves just about anything right now. We've seen quite a few children there. We weren't charged anything for my granddaughter and no one asked her age (she was 2½ the last time we were there).

Parking is never a problem. Their lot has never been full when we've been there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere