“New Corp Owners blew it!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Mobile, Alabama
“New Corp Owners blew it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

For years we had enjoyed dining at Longhorn. The consistency was wonderful, whether here at home in Mobile, AL or while on the road. You could count on Longhorn for quality.
Over the last 2 years the place has gone to a Corp. cafeteria "taste" in service and quality of food. It was evident from the first of their takeover. Salad dressings were watered down, more carrot strips in their salad than salad (cheap way to cut costs). Our last three attempts to dine there was very disappointing. Haphazard service, the cleanliness of the restaurant was sub par, the servers did not seem to want to be there and were definitely not working as if they wanted to be. The quality of the food has suffered as well. This is corporate decision making at its worst and they [corp] have decided in favor of "profit" rather than quality.
We won't be back sad to say.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Buena Vista, Virginia
“Busy, busy place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

After standing outside for 45 minutes, my husband went in the restaurant to ask how long it might continue to be, as we had already waited 20 minutes more than they had expected. "Oh, sir, you are next on the list." Great!! But we waited an additional 20 minutes, as many couples, and groups were seated ahead of us, people that had clearly arrived after we did. When being asked to come and take our seats, the hostess had eye contact and an ATTITUDE that was unbelievable, and just waved us in rather than calling our names and asking us to enter the restaurant, then put the menus on the table without a word. (Clearly she was annoyed that we had gone in and spoken about the length of time we were expected to wait.) We were annoyed by her, and our waitress, Ashton, who was very sweet, and most helpful, directed the manager our way. When we told the manager, she said that she had already spoken to the rude hostess twice that day about her attitude, and would deal with her. (Fifteen minutes later, if looks could have killed, we all would have been dead as she pranced by with other patrons!) Food . . . The other three adults in our party enjoyed their filets, and ribeye steaks, which were perfectly cooked, while I, on the other hand, did not enjoy mine at all. My first experience with a flatiron steak with a portabella mushroom. Steak was seven ounces, which I knew as it was stated on the menu, however, half of it was gristle and fat. The VERY small portion I did get was tasty, but not anything I would order again. All of the sides (salad, bread, potatoes) were delicious and filling, so I was not leaving there hungry. Waitress and manager excellent!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nashua, New Hampshire
“At least my steak was cooked properly...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the 7 oz filet and salmon dinner along with an ice tea. The steak was ordered rare and served very rare, just as I like it. However it was very tough for a filet and definitely not very flavorful. I wouldn't say the meat had an off taste but I have had many filets much better than this one. The salmon was also very mediocre, almost like it had been frozen and thawed a couple times. Very firm for what should be a more tender fish and just didn't have the correct flavor. I doubt it was that fresh. Veggies were warmed not cooked and also not very good.

Service was good and my Caesar Salad was excellent, the only highlight of the meal.

This is not typical of other Longhorn Steakhouses. Maybe I hit them on a bad night. Either way there are many better places out there so I have no plans to return.

Visited April 2013
Mississippi
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was craving a steak while we were visiting in Mobile, so my husband took me here. The 12 oz. ribeye I ordered was absolutely fabulous! Very juicy and flavorable. The sweet potato I chose for my side was perfectly cooked and very satisfying. My husband ordered the NY strip steak and was very satisfied. He thoroughly enjoyed it. The manager, Miranda, was a doll. We will be back when we pass through again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mobile, AL
“Delicious Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The service was excellent and the food was great. We had a group of five with appetizers and drinks and everything was taken care of in an efficient manner. The bone-in ribeye I had was delicious. I have been to other locations in this chain and think this one was the best I have encountered.

• Visited April 2013