“Dinner Review” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #156 of 574 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Cafe 615 opened in 2001 with a concept of Casual, Contemporary Find Dining with a Festive, Comfortable Atmosphere with Friendly Service and Food made from only the Freshest Ingredients. Under the ownership of Brad Fuller, Michelle Estes, and Chris Anderson along with Executive Chef Daniel Petersen, Cafe 615 has been recognized for several local and national awards. Additionally, Saturday and Sunday Champagne brunches have grown to be a Mobile tradition. Reservations are highly recommended on the weekends.
Daphne, Alabama
“Dinner Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Most of the reviews on here are about their brunch. I really wanted to like this place. I want a good before theater place to go. The music in the restaurant was loud and would have been appropriate for a bar. I ordered the small plate shrimp Diane. Shrimp were overcooked and pasta had no flavor. Husband ordered the Lobster pasta. It was good but pricey. The lobster was mushy and the sauce was excellent. The desert was disappointing. I love good food and and happy to pay for it. Not happy to pay for so so.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cropwell, Alabama
“Wedding party brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very limited menu. When I made the reservation I thought it was buffet style which would have been better since we had about 30 people. I understand the long wait for the food to be served (1 1/2 hrs) but no drink refills , some did not get silverware and no one asking if you needed anything was not good service. The 20% tip was automatically added which I do not have a problem with if the service had been better, I usually leave more based on service. My husband ordered a salad and it was just lettuce , no tomatoes, no carrots, just plain lettuce. I had the filet burger which I highly recommend. This place would probably be OK for one or two people but not a group, you will be disappointed.

Visited July 2014
Mobile, Alabama
“Good Food Poor Atmosphere ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I took my mom and daughter here for their Sunday brunch. I heard great things about this place so we decided to give it a go. The food was excellent tasting, however my mother had to send her plate back because there was hair in her food. I understand it happens but it's just not appetizing to see it. The bottomless mimosas were a huge hit. I didn't feel like we had to wait forever for the "mimosa fairy" to refill our glass. They had live music that day but it was so loud you could not carry on a conversation with the people at your table.

Spanish Fort, Alabama, United States
“Mimosas and Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I loved this restaurant! The whole table had mimosas, and my husband and I split a chicken and waffles brunch plate. It. was. incredible! The fried chicken was perfect, the waffle was light and fluffy, and the grits were the best grits I've ever had. The entire staff was decked out in USA attire for World Cup game #2, and everyone that served our table was really great. The prices were okay...a little pricey, but about what I expected for a good restaurant in Mobile. They have a different menu for Saturday and Sunday brunch, and I think Saturday is a little cheaper. Sunday is a fixed $24.99 + $5.00 bottomless champagne/mimosas. We split a meal, but they still only charged us for one champagne/mimosa. We sat inside, but the patio area looked really nice. The inside of the restaurant has a lot of character, and I would feel comfortable in running shorts and t-shirt or a dress while eating there. Will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Daphne, AL
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I treated two men to Father's Day Brunch. Before I decided on this place, I went to the Website to check brunch menu/pricing, which I found acceptable. Once seated, we were given a totally different brunch menu that was fixed price at $24.99 per person, plus $5.00 each for unlimited champagne. I expected this to be a classy place and it was far from it. I expected the live entertainment to be jazz; it was not. The music was so loud that we couldn't even talk with each other. When the food finally came out of the kitchen, the servings were enough for two people, however, the food was barely warm. Who wants cold biscuits and gravy????? I won't be going back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Cafe 615? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cafe 615, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.