“Warm beer, food stuck in glass, hair in pizza dough, arrogant server and owner.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Pizzeria - CLOSED

La Pizzeria
1455 Monroe St, Mobile, AL 36604-1942
+1 251-380-6419
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our Italian stone oven is wood fired with hickory and ash, cooking our thin crust pizzas at almost 1,000 degrees for over two decades. All of our mozzarella, pizza dough and breads are made fresh in house daily. Our seafood is fresh from the Gulf of Mexico, our produce is sourced locally, and our all-natural beef, pork and chicken are from sustainable North American farms. We have an extensive wine list, craft beer list & hand made cocktail menus. We are located in the Historic Leinkauf District in mid-town Mobile in a charming nearly century-old building.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Tried this place based on friend's recommendation & reviews. Beer was served warm. Waiter thought solution was to bring cold glass and pour warm beer in. Did not realize there was food stuck in bottom of glass until finished. When hair was found in pizza dough at end of meal, was told they make dough fresh every day. Offered to make another pizza from the same batch of dough - no thanks!! No real apology ever offered. We had to ask that they not charge for hairy pizza. Tried to contact owner through email. Turned out he was there the whole time and did not feel obliged to try to make amends. Responded to SECOND email in a very arragant, condescending manner. Worst customer service of anywhere I have ever eaten!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

We went for the first time in March and the service was great. My husband had a pizza and I had the special for the night. We were quite pleased and the prices were just right. We will be back.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“LOVED IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Had a great meal/experience at lapizzeria last weekend. Service was spot on. Had a great pizza. You can tell they use fresh mozzarella. Completely different from all other pizza in mobile. Thin crust and cooked in a brick oven. Yum will definatley be back to try something else. They had a grouper over stone ground grits that looked really good. Saw a few negative reviews....but sometimes you have to read between the lines. look at the person reviewing reviews. Sometimes its all negative and sometimes they have rave reviews for a competitor. HUMMMMMM think maybe they work there. Lapizzeria has been in business for over 20 years. Cant believe it took me that long to find them.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't be discouraged!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

I am a local. I have been to this place 3 times in the past year. The service continued to be as good as thier food, and trust me thier food is good. Definately start off with the apps, and they use great ingredients, especially thier olives. They've continued not to disappoint. My husband and I had our Rehearsal Dinner there b/c we loved it so much. Please do not be discouraged when you drive up to it. Inside is much better.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mobile, Alabama
“Great service, horrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

My friend had an excellent meal, but my Gambeni Limone tasted like it was soaked in lemon. Each bite made my mouth pucker and made the dish unedible. The staff was apologetic and asked if I'd like to order something else, but I wasn't going to wait as my friend was finished eating. The offered to comp the meal, give a free desert and even a free glass of wine, to try to compensate. My friend's food was fair, but nothing special, although her scallops were cooked to perfection.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere