“Best of the Ruth Chris restaurants” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 550 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Glenwood
Irvington, Alabama
“Best of the Ruth Chris restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have visited others among the Ruth Chris chain, but consistently find the Mobile location to be the best. Service is always impeccable; food is prepared to perfection; I especially like the choice of appetizers, ahi tuna, crab cakes; plating of appetizers & salads interesting; side dishes are large-> I suggest one less than the number in your party & shared (my least favorite is the potatoes lyonnaise); after dinner coffee (served via french press) is enjoyable end to a fabulous meal-> one my last visit we shared the special, chocolate cake w/ ice cream layers! however, the price of a night @Ruth Chris makes it a choice for special occasions only.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

ALABAMA
“Fabulous--Everytime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

No trip to Mobile is complete for us without dinner at Ruth's Chris. We have eaten at other Ruth's locations but this one "GETS IT RIGHT". The food is wonderful and the service and attention to detail set it apart. Thanks for another great dining experience!

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I ate here twice recently. I love the cozy and comfortable ambience and the service both times was superb. I had the lobster bisque - great but has a small amount of spiciness. The petite filet was perfectly prepared to my specifications. Very slightly pink-just right. On my second trip I sampled the calamari because my dinner partner ordered it as an appetizer. Usually calamari is too overcooked or rubbery for me, this is the only time I have ever refilled my plate. Absolutely wonderful! I had the spinach salad with hot bacon dressing, again-perfect. the loaded baked potato was great, too. Can't say enough, Ruth's Chris lived up to it's reputation for fine food.

Visited November 2011
“Unique dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We had the filet with shrimp, was cooked medium, just like we requested. The steaks actually came to the table still sizzling. "This restaurant is actually one of just a few in our town that offer. a classy, white table cloth dining experience" This is not an economy, price specials place, so do not go if you are looking for a bargain. If you want a unique, classy, and very tasteful special occasion meal to share with your family, this is a great choice.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mobile, Alabama
“I've had a better steak at Golden Corral.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Ordered a filet. I don't know how they called it a filet, it was unrecognizable as what cut it was. They took it back and apologized and brought me another, it was just as bad. On our way out I told the manager we would not be paying and would not be back.

• Visited October 2011