“Varied experience with the ribs.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 549 Restaurants in Mobile
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
North Alabama
“Varied experience with the ribs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Three of us had read all the reviews about this place and being native southerners had to try the "best ribs in Alabama." The restaurant is a bit of a ride outside of downtown Mobile. The decor is definitely down home and typical of most BBQ places I've eaten at in the South. So all 3 of us ordered the rib plate. 2 of us got the lunch plate with 3 ribs, while the other got the 5 rib dinner place. We had potato salad, beans and coleslaw as sides. Two of us had great ribs, nice and smokey and not dried out at all, in fact very juicy. The other had several ribs that should have been thrown out and not served, mostly all fat and grisly. The potato salad was good, I think they used red potatoes, nice and chunky and not all blended like alot of places. The cole slaw was southern, creamy and sweet. The beans were nothing to write home about. You get a large piece of white bread and your own roll of paper towels. The BBQ sauce was very good. Finally, one of us had to try the advertised banana pudding made from scratch. I must admit it was better than most bp I've had at most restaurants, but it ain't my grandma's bp. Come on guys, put some meringue on top. Give it a 7. Service was fast and friendly. This place is better that the other rib joint that has sites state wide and is vastly overrated. This place definitely has the best ribs in Alabama, not so sure about the South.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Incredible BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stopped by while on a business trip and wow! Incredible ribs, cole slaw was outstanding and you have to try the banana pudding. Food was outstanding. This is not fine dining or even remotely close. No that in advance and don't expect to much when it comes to the inside of the place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sanger, Texas
“finger licking great bbq”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Was driving through Mobile and found this restaurant because it was on the Man vs Food app. The food lived up to it's reviews. I had the pulled pork plater. The pork melted in my mouth and the BBQ sauce had great flavor. I loved the potato salad, one of the best I have ever had. One of the best BBQ joints I have had the privilege of begin able to enjoy. Definitely a must stop place if you love BBQ.

• Visited March 2013
Mobile, Alabama
“Best ribs in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When you walk in the door, you know you have entered a rib joint. All they sell is ribs and chicken with a few sides. Great atmosphere and food. Mouth waters just thnking about them.

Visited March 2013
Mobile, Alabama, United States
“Best bbq ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is by far the best BBQ i have ever eaten. Omg. It has the best smoked flavor and it is fall apart moist and delicious!! I would eat this every day for the rest of my life. If you have not been you must go and try it. It is amazing!! And my favorite part is that in the pulled pork sandwiches there is never any fat!! I hate fat and I'm glad that I don't have to pick it out of my sandwich here like I do at any other BBQ place.

• Visited February 2013