“Best Shrimp & Grits ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kitchen On George is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 550 Restaurants in Mobile
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Welcome to Kitchen on George A new restaurant in the heart of Mobile's Historic District. If you enjoy fresh, contemporary American food in a casual atmosphere, Kitchen on George is for you. Our menu features dishes that can be enjoyed tapas style in small plates or bowls, or as traditional entrees. Here, you'll notice fresh, bright and delicious flavors of the region since locally-sourced ingredients, when available, are a priority. We have a great selection of wines and cocktails, too! Enjoy dinner indoors or on our patio. Kitchen on George is located on the corner of George and Savannah Streets in the historic Oakleigh Garden District.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Best Shrimp & Grits ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Kitchen on George has very nice ambiance & good service but it's the food that is outstanding. It is located in the historic district of downtown Mobile and easy to locate. Four of us recently dined there while on vacation & each declared what was a superb meal they had. They offer small plates (or tapa style) which is perfect for anyone counting their calories or like me - just not a big appetite. I do not often get so excited over a meal but I'm still raving about the blackened shrimp with grits & goat cheese I had at Kitchen on George. Loved our visit to Mobile Bay & Kitchen on George helped make the memories even more special.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jacksonville, Florida
“Food is amazing here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Just had the Jambalaya and I have to say probably the best I've ever had anywhere (yes it's really that good). The atmosphere is great and it's neat to see a restaurant literally in the middle of a residential neighborhood. A must try if you're in Mobile.

“Fun Place. Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Kitchen on George is fantastic. It is refreshing to go to a place that does not feel like a chain. Nice neighborhood feel to it. This is a place you can go to with a big group or you will feel right at home if you are dining alone. I had the shrimp and grits and they were unbelievable. I highly recommend that you try Kitchen on George if you are in the Mobile area. Staff was knowledgeable and extremely friendly.

Visited July 2014
“FANTASTIC dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Where do you even begin? Attention to detail - every detail! We were a group of five at the restaurant for a business dinner. The small plates ordered were great for sharing. The shrimp and grits were divine. The grits are probably the best grits I have ever tasted and this Southern girl knows her grits! I order the Jambalaya that was WONDERFUL. The perfect blend of tastes in each bite. The strawberry creme brulee was so smooth and perfectly sweet.

When we arrived out table was ready for us and the service just kept getting better. Our waiter was very attentive and honest with us. I highly recommend this restaurant to you. It is a quaint setting in a lovely neighborhood. Don't miss out on this one! Your portions are just right and the price is not overly priced and you are helping Culinary students master their trade.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pleasant surprise find on our way passing through”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My family was road tripping from Gulf Shores to Back to Houston when we wanted to stop in Mobile for Sunday brunch.

This place had great reviews here on Trip Advisor so I called ahead and made a reservation (we were an hour away at that point).

Anyway, the restaurant is adorable; white linen tablecloths, and yet, casual enough to welcome families with children.

My husband ordered The George Burger; it was perfect. Our kids (ages 4 and 2) had the Chocolate Chip Pancakes and French Toast. I didn't try the pancakes, but the French Toast was superb. I ordered the Shrimp and Goat Cheese Grits. Oh. My. Goodness. Heaven! My husband said he wished it had more grits, but I LOVED it.

It's truly a bummer that this place is so far from home. I would love to see what their dinner is like!!

• Visited June 2014