“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kitchen On George is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 567 restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Quiet location, nice background music. Superb tasting food, good service. Lovely room, lots of space, good lighting. Just passing through Mobile and found it through Tripadvisor and its as good as it says.
Art & Sue Pearse

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

97% Recommend
Saraland, Alabama, United States
“A Great Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

On the eve of my wife's birthday, we were invited to go out to dinner with my boss and his wife. My boss said, "Ok, I'm taking Paula Dean to dinner tonight!" Meaning, that my wife is a great southern cook in her own right and the food critic was being taken to dinner. So, drove through old town in Mobile, experiencing the beautiful old homes and trees. We entered the Kitchen on George and ordered from the menu. The place was a delightful old house, turned restaurant and was complimentary to the surroundings of the area.
We ordered crab cakes, goat cheese salad, tuna, flank steak, salmon, chocolate cake, creme broule (however you spell it)....... I took one bite, turned my head to talk. Turned back and it was empty......my little birthday girl practically licked the dish......gee!
WOW! It was a delightful experience and delicious! All in all, it was a great surprise and my wife had a great birthday dinner. You will definately want to go time and time again.
I do wish they had an area where you could actually watch the culinary artists at work!

A

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
White Stone, Virginia
“Novel menu, great kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went on the recommendation of our B&B Proriietor. The idea of small plates appealed as we have been eating very well on a driving vacation. The wok broccoli and shrimp and grits were delicious. The flank steak a little less successful, but quite good.
Our waitress seemed to be thrown a little off stride by the peculiar trio of diners at the next table. We encountered some delays and thought a nearby table should have been reset promptly after it was vacated rather than being cleared, left bare of linens for a half hour, then reset.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Daphne, Alabama
“Food and service of a 5star for the price of ruby's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been to this place 5 or 6 times and this place as the food and service of a 5 star for the price of applebee's.
this is a wonderful addition to the Oakley area.The menu is broken into small plates and large plates. i recommend going with a groups of 4 of 6 people and trying a little of everything. Yes it is a bit strange to share food as adults, but you will find yourself telling people at your table you have to try this...

Great place for a date!!

Visited August 2012
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Knowing very little about Mobile--we passed through on a three week journey around the south--Kitchen on George was recommended for dinner at the last minute. What a wonderful surprise! I had a steak and my partner had the fish special--both were was astonishingly good. The quaint neighborhood environment is an added bonus.

Visited December 2012