“Friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
TN
“Friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

This motel was very clean and had a very capable staff on duty.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

I come through Mobile quite often and usually stay here. The past few years I have noticed many changes. I was excited about the most recent changes in staff and the almost total renovations. The only reason I continued coming was a conversation that I had with the manager there. I was so impressed by her words and desire to please her customers that I kept coming back. My last trip was the worst ever - the room was dirty and smelled; the staff either ignored me or was rude; the grounds had garbage on it that no one should have to see and no one seemed to care at all. I learned that the manager that had so impressed me was no longer there. I will find her and start going to her new hotel. Good riddance to this Motel 6 and maybe all of them!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

I agree 100% with the first review entitled "Dump"! This place needs to be demolished. The lady at the front desk was rude. We had two rooms for our entire party and both rooms had broken down furniture, the sink counter was falling, the night stand was missing wood, the carpet was wet in both rooms and the rooms stink. We asked the deak attendant to change the room and she finally gave us one new room that was pretty much the same outside of the smell. Motel 6 use to be a decent motel chain, where you could go lay down for the night in comfort while passing through, but man they have really gone to a dump. I will not stay at this chain period again. If you are looking for inexpensive overnight stay, think again. It is really not worth it! Go ahead and pay the extra $25 dollars, cause the only nice thing I can say about this place is I did not see any bugs, and don't expect to use the pool at all cause it only has a 10 person capacity. Keep in mind there are 3 floors of rooms, that is a lot of guess for a 10 person pool.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — the room itself
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2007

If I hadn't got there very late at night, I would have found another place to stay. The carpet was dirty, the bed was very hard, the vanity surrounding the sink was literally collapsing to the left. The shower was dirty. They didn't give me the wake up call I requested and was late for a meeting the next morning. Also, there was a weird guy hanging around the parking lot and the staff said to just ignore him.

Stayed February 2007

Been to Motel 6 Mobile North? Share your experiences!