“Outdated and poor maid service.” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Mobile South
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5450 Coca Cola Road, Mobile, AL 36619-1950   |
Ranked #43 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Outdated and poor maid service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I called in advance to reserve a room. Lynn was great and personable. I like Red Roof Inn because it is pet friendly and most offer smoking rooms. (yes I know I need to quit). Compared to other Red Roofs I have stayed in, this is poor. The room is "surfaced cleaned", the sheets were clean, the comforter stained, the furniture is fair and outdated, and housekeeping needs to learn to vacuum, dust, and apply a bed skirt properly. On the plus side, the bathroom was spotless, the room came with a refrigerator and microwave, and the rooms were outside with convenient parking. I was traveling through alone with my dog for business. In comparison to the other Red Roof's I have stayed in, I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a more modern and clean hotel, travel on.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Roswell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

It has been a year since staying here and I am very impressed with the improvment. My last stay was loaded with smokey "nonsmoking" rooms, noise and unwanted uninvited visitors.
This time they got it right the first time with clean, well renovated rooms, and everything works.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you have a room preference for first floor. Avoid rooms near the houskeeping or laundr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MobileSouth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mobile South, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our Mobile South location. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We enjoyed serving you and look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Brenda Mathis, General Manager
Katy, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is by far the worst Red Roof Inn I have ever stayed in. Filthy, musty, moldy, disgusting. I was able to use a dry wash cloth to write "Wash Me" in the dirty mirror. Someone needs to teach the housekeepers the meaning of CLEAN. I understand this property has not been renovated yet, but that's no excuse for the lack of effort to make the place presentable. There were brown stains on the ceiling, lampshades, carpet. Cigarette burns in the linens. I had to call down to the front desk for pillowcases because there weren't any. Just gross and no excuse for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Marshall, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Rooms are par..Needs attention and some HEAVY cleaning and upkeep...Watched a drug deal go on in the parking lot. Vehicles cruising the lot slowly ...It is next to a Holiday Inn which we should have stopped at....Room smelled musty...carpet was damp...bed looked liked the covers were just thrown on there. Bathroom was semi clean floor had not been swept tub and shower were clean. TRASH left on floor by toilet and near mini fridge that needed a good cleaning....Will not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: No such thing as a good room at this location
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
White City, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Sheets,dirty, mattress cover worse/bloody, pillows bloody, roaches, mildew on bathroom ceiling, scum in corners of where tub meets wall, carpets not vacuumed(pet hair all over & nail clippings, pet hair on furniture, replacement sheets were full size for a king bed (twice), . lucky I had sheets and pillows with for camping, microwave sounds like a dog barking (don't know if that's safe). I guess its good its pet friendly because it would make an OK dog kennel but not much for a hotel. Will never stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

Room Tip: find any other hotel or rest area, I kept photo's for evidence if ever needed but not posting th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MobileSouth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mobile South, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello,
I am sorry to see that our Inn did not meet your expectations. I assure you, corrective measures will be taken to investigate and ensure your concerns are handled quickly and efficiently. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 251.666.1044, so I may look up your reservation and we can discuss this matter and resolve to both our satisfaction. We would certainly like an opportunity to earn your business back. Thank you for your review.
Brenda Mathis, General Manager
Central Florida, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family stayed at this motel overnight during the July 4th weekend.
As a Red Roof Inn Redicard member, I've looked to Red Roof Inns as a low-cost, clean, comfortable lodging option that allows pets. Of all my stays with Red Roof Inn throughout the country, this stay ranks as the worst, by far.

We stopped in Mobile to recharge for our return home. Realizing this was a holiday weekend, I reserved a room at this Red Roof Inn in advance. I had finished driving from Texas for the day and was too tired to change rooms.

On the bright side, the two staff members (PM desk clerk and AM desk clerk) I encountered were friendly. This motel has easy access to Interstate 10, and there are several dining options, gas stations, and two grocery stores within about a mile of the motel.

Unfortunately, the problems encountered during our stay far outweighed the positives.

Among the issues:
- A "Back in 10 Minutes" sign greeted me at the night window at check-in (at 5:30PM); the lobby was locked (the PM desk clerk did arrive 10 minutes later)
- Mildewed, water-stained ceiling in the room
- One of the hotel directories provided in the room had a squished bug on the back cover
- Dirty, stained, and worn furnishings, including a mysterious brown stain on one of bed sheets
- Cigarette burn holes in a bedspread ... in a non-smoking room
- A musty smelling room, likely attributed to a filthy a/c filter
- A broken bathroom door hanging on 2 out of its 3 hinges
- Brown spot stains inside the refrigerator
- Brown crusty stuff (not rust) on the bathroom sink faucet
- A TV, which out of its 20 channels, had mediocre to no reception on a third of them
- Rude motel guests who shouted and slammed doors at 2:15 in the morning
- A threadbare towel with a hole in it
- Only coffee option in the morning was decaf ... at 7:30 AM

Don't take my word for it - look at the pictures.

As a result of sharing my concerns and pictures with the AM desk clerk and Red Roof's corporate Guest Relations, my stay is being refunded.

Room Tip: Select a room near the front office; inspect your room closely and request another one if necessary.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I made reservations on our way down from the Red Roof Inn location book. It was the closes Red Roof to where we wanted to go in southern Alabama. We reserved it for two nights. Upon arriving we noticed it was not in a very good area, we had drove 9 hours and was tired so we got our room and went in. First impression, not so clean, not like other Red Roofs we stay in! We put our luggage down and went to get a bite to eat. We returned and watched a little tv then decided it was time to get some rest. I looked up and asked my husband what was on the wall. He got up and looked and said it was a roach! Just then another came crawling out!!! I jumped up and told him we were leaving!! I went to the front desk and told the lady I couldn't sleep in a room with roaches cancel our reservation!! She said she did, I'm still waiting to see if it is taken off my card. We drove another hour and tried four other hotels before getting a room at another hotel!! I usually love Red Roof Inns, and recommend them to others. This was THE WORST Red Roof I have ever stayed in and we have been in several!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in Mobile AL Red Roof Inn!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MobileSouth, Manager at Red Roof Inn Mobile South, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello,
I would appreciate it very much if you could contact me directly at 251.666.1044 to discuss the specific details of your stay, so that I may immediately and appropriately address any of your concerns. Thank you, Brenda Mathis, General Manager.

Been to Red Roof Inn Mobile South? Share your experiences!