“a motel six by Mariott!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“a motel six by Mariott!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

If your staying in the mobile Area you need to stay away from this place!! There are nicer hotels around like the Mariott and Homewood suites. I stayed here for a month because its an extended stay, but its not worth the cheap prices!

Here's the pro's and cons of my visit.

Pros
Nothing except the beds comfy.

Cons.
Toilet keeps breaking down
Even though its a smoke free hotel the third floor on the B side ALWAYs smelled like smoke
The breakfast was a crappy grab and go consisting of cereal and oatmeal in the tiny boxes.
No where to eat breakfast had to brown bag it, but then the lady at he front desk would yell at you if you tried to bag it.
Large Lady at the front desk tells you the bottle of water in the fridge are for check in guess only.But really they are for all guest during the breakfast hour.
Some days of the week the housekeepers come in and clean up but not make the bed. I mean when you are on vacation you shouldn't have to worry about making the bed!
Three times for breakfast they had out milk for the cereal but it was two days past its fresh date.

Basically if you want to stay at a motel 6 with all the services of the Mariott then here's your place. But I would STAY AWAY! some advice on where to stay would be the Mariott by the mall since I've been there to pint out some papers bc the printer in my hotel was broken and still hasn't been fixed. Plus that one lives up to Mariott standards.

Room Tip: Just don't book this hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Sir,
After reading your responce, our entire team realized we failed. On behalf of the Housekeeping, Front Desk, Engineering and Leadership team, we apologize. Our goal is for you to enjoy yourself and I can see that this didn't happen. I am going to send you a personal email to your tripadvisor email. We only want the opportunity to remedy and apologize for your inconveniences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
estados unidos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Lots of dining options nearby, if your not cooking. Extra towels were not a problem. Extra coffee, ditto. Only complaint, unseasonable warm weather found the AC not working. frown. Informed by staff that they are due for remodeling. Of the four Marriott properties we stayed with on a recent trip this was the least expensive, and rightly so. Good place for an extended stay all things considered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We at Towneplace Suites, Mobile, AL are delighted you chose us as your destination preference. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your great comments and suggestions. Please visit soon!
Lakeside Park, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The location was good (we were going to the Festival of Flowers) and it was handy to have a fridge and microwave in the room. The small couch and armchair made TV viewing comfy.
However, when we nudged the chair to look at TV, there was a used condom on the floor. We found out the icemaker in the fridge didn't work and they didn't have an ice machine, even though apparently they knew the icemakers didn't work. The front desk didn't offer to do anything about it.
Breakfast was included, but they didn't have a dining area to eat in or trays to carry the meager offerings back to the room. Everything was prepackaged and sticky.
It didn't seem like a Marriott, but more like a Motel 6. Sorry guys, but it just wasn't good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I am the General Manager for TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Mobile, Al. I am writing in response to the comments regarding your stay with us. First, let me thank you for choosing Marriott.
When guests choose Marriott hotels, there is a high standard and expectation for cleanliness, security, and guest service. I am so sorry that we did not meet that standard during your stay.
I understand your reluctance to return to our hotel, but hope you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence.
Once again I am truly sorry for the experience that you endured and hope that this will not affect your loyalty with Marriott brands.

Pleasure to Serve,
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

After spending too many nights in flea bag motels (no pun intended) that are "pet friendly", we finally found a great place that allows dogs. As any experienced dog family knows, finding a safe, clean, pet friendly motel/hotel takes a lot of research. What makes this TownePlace Suites so great? TownePlace Suites Mobile is very safe, clean, allows our 3 Shelties and 1 Cocker mix for the flat rate of $75, and is part of the Marriott rewards program. We stayed in the Studio room which has a full kitchen, sitting area, bathroom with tub, free wifi, etc. I will sleep very well tonight, knowing that my husband, 4 dogs, and I are in a safe area and clean room with enough comfortable space for us all. No longer will we be subjected to dirty Super 8's and Motel 6's. This TownePlace's price was only $60 more than the dirty and skanky Super 8 we stayed at in Tampa last night. I am also very grateful to the TripAdvisor's reviews for this hotel. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Studio rooms are fine for 2 adults and 4 small dogs (20 pounds or less each).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Myself and the entire Towneplace Suites Staff, we would like to thank you for the awesome comments. We understand that pets are our family members also and we are so happy that we could accommodate you.

We"re glad you chose Towneplace Suites, Mobile Alabama and we look forward to your return!

Lazondia Bryant
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Have to give major thanks to Kevin and the rest of the staff here. I made the ridiculous mistake of leaving my keys in my car door and Kevin was kind enough to lock it, return the keys, and leave me a note. Saved me big time as my family and I are traveling around the country.

Thanks so much guys! Hotel was great as well!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the great comments. We try our best to deliver service so superior that our guest rave about us. We're glad we were able to save you and your family the headache of losing your keys so that you could continue to enjoy your travel around the country.

I have shared your comments with Kevin and the entire staff and want to personally thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Thank you for choosing us and we truly appreciate your business.

Lazondia Bryant,
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Our family has stayed here several times over the course of 12 years and it is usually our first choice when booking rooms in Mobile with our considerations being a decent room for a decent rate. We've used the single room, single suite and double suite over the years. I like how pets are allowed (for a additional $75 flat fee though). The staff has always been friendly with us. The small kitchen provides just enough space to store drinks in the fridge or cook a meal when we were here for a longer stay. The grab n go breakfast won't knock anyone socks off but it was more than they offered years earlier so no complaints. Having come here over the years there were a couple of times over the 12 years when I thought the place was starting to slip in quality or service but the subsequent visit was better so I wrote those experiences off to a rough patch or bad day versus a serious trend. We've stayed at other hotels in Mobile, particularly if we want to be closer to the Mardi Gras action but this location has always served us well.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TPSMobile, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mobile, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am thrilled that you have chosen to stay with us over the last 12 years while in Mobile. I am glad to hear your contact with our staff was memorable and I will be sure to pass this on. We always look forward to our repeat guest and take pleasure in welcoming you back.

Lazondia Bryant
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our family needed a place to stay for 11 days, somewhere affordable yet very safe. We reserved a 2 bedroom suite that had big bedrooms, TVs in each room plus the living area. It had a small table for working or eating. Small sofa and armchair with a kitchenette, microwave, just enough for some simple reheat or cooking.l

The bathroom had a separate door to toilet and shower area, so multiple people can get ready in the morning. Our unit was located in the corner, very quiet and away from the road traffic noise. Free continental breakfast consisted of muffins, fruits, cereal, and juice.

It had a small business center for printing as we needed to do often. Cleaning staff changed sheets and towels upon request. Front desk staff was very friendly, even during early check out.

The hotel is safe, with exterior door secured/locked. It is close to many restaurants, fast food joints, gas station, just off of the Airport Blvd.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ms.Brown,

Thank you so much for the great comments about your stay and the hotel. We try our best to deliver a product so superior that our guest rave about us.

I have shared your comments with our staff and want to personally thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Thank you for choosing us and we truly appreciate your business.

Lazondia Bryant,

Been to TownePlace Suites Mobile? Share your experiences!