“Good for Mobile, AL I suppose” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
KY
“Good for Mobile, AL I suppose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Fairly nice hotel but has a few issues. Continuous construction during the day, walls thin enough that I can tell you what channel the next room is watching, and the toilet is low flow and takes multiple flushes (yuk)

Otherwise, the breakfast buffet is nice and the location is good. Staff is nice.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I did not think to much about Mobile until we checked in to our room at the Mobile Marriott. What a view. from the window facing southeast, you can see the waterway and the ships moving up and down. Downstairs, you can hop on the free Mobile bus and tour the city. The stop here was a wonder treat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Back in Mobile and decided to switch it up from our usual stay at the Battle House. The Marriott was a bit closer to our destination and a bit less expensive. In general, this is a decent property with an inviting lobby and comfortable rooms. Although I did not stop for a drink, the lobby lounge looked like a good spot to grab a beer and watch a game. This property gets bonus points for its fitness center (well equipped with both cardio equipment and machines -it's HUGE). Negatives - the market in the lobby could use better snacks and drinks. Overall, I'd give it 3.5 - 3.75 stars. It doesn't have the grandeur of the Battle House, but it is an excellent value nonetheless.

• Stayed June 2012
Phoenixville, Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

First of all, someone noted earlier about poor internet access in the hotel. I think they fixed that since I had absolutely no problem getting to their network and out to the internet. And, the connection was fast.

My room was excellent and I can't say enough about how helpful the hotel staff was. One special thing they did for me was to arrange to have housekeeping clean my room after 5pm each day. That helped me a bunch since I was working nights and sleeping days.

No complaints about bar or restaurant either. The food, at least what I ordered, was great.

I would stay here again without question, even with their construction projects still going on to improve the faciliity.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Angela B, Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel and our staff at the Mobile Marriott. We are happy to hear that our upgrade of our internet service was a success. We are also so excited that we now have some of our renovated rooms available for guest and we should have the rooms portion of the renovation complete very soon.

Our staff has always taken great pride in their service to our guest and I am so thrilled we were able to accommodate you with the change in time of cleaning your room so that you may sleep.

We are also excited about our new restaurant, Sage, that will be opening in late Fall 2012. We will have an amazing new menu for you to try.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Angela Beasley
Director of Revenue Management
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel has ongoing construction, but it is in great shape and for a Marriott the prices are low. $94/night. Great rooms, good service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Angela B, Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of the Mobile Marriott. I am so glad we were able to offer you the Government Per Diem during your stay. As you stated, we are under renovation and I hope that us limiting the noise to the hours of 9am and 6pm was convenient for you. We are all looking forward to the completion of our reinvention. We have always held great pride in our service as a Marriott and we look forward to you staying us again soon.

Thank you again.

Angela Beasley
Director of Revenue Management
Mobile Marriott
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I'm a Marriott Platinum Premier member who stays in hotels about 80 nights/year. I have stayed at the Mobile Marriott every 5-6 weeks for the past several years. This hotel continues to be in need of improvements in several areas. The most major issue as a business traveler continues to be the poor internet connection at this hotel. Dispite claims that this has been improved, I don't see it. The wireless connection is completely useless. It is as slow as dial-up and disconnects every 2-3 minutes. I called the front desk to complain and they sent up the bell hop who apparently doubles as their technical support person. He had me connect with the ethernet cable while admitting that the wireless is poor. However, this offered very little improvement. By far, this is the worst hotel internet connection that I have ever seen. The problem is that it has not improved year after year.

Another ongoing issue is the food service. I have tried to order food on many occassions, including this trip, and been told that they are out of the item. The odd thing is that the items that they run out of (pasta, chicken, rolls) are not exactly items that you would expect a hotel restaurant to ever be without.

On the plus side, the concierge room is very well-run by a friendly staff.

I continue to stay here only out of convience. While I have brought these issues to the attention of the hotel on many occassions, I can only hope that they eventually get corrected.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Just finishing up a 2.5 week stay. There are lots of good things to say about this hotel, but it's not perfect. The good:

1. Fantastic, friendly staff, always polite, pleasant, and eager to help. I'm not sure I've ever found a better hotel staff, from top to bottom (I dealt with the entire spectrum, including the Manager,as I describe below).

2. Location: Just a bit off of I65 on perhaps the main corridor (Airport Boulevard) of Mobile: a mall, a Target (regular, not super), Sams club, Best Buy, Books a Million, Lowes, Walmart, numerous restaurants, are all essentially next door, Unfortunately, Airport Boulevard was designed by a mad scientist with a sadistic streak. The Marriott is also just a few miles from old Mobile.

3. Rooms: typical Marriott, very comfortable, a bit dated perhaps, but still very nice. The TV is a large LG flatscreen and many of the channels are actually in HD. The picture qauality is so good I am thinking about upgrading my 6 year old plasma.

4. Concierge lounge: very nice little zone on the fifth floor for free finger food and pop/water. Mixed drinks are available, but are not free. The Concierge is closed on Friday and Saturday.

5. The lobby is nice, and they are remodeling various parts of the hotel. Pool is also great. WSJ and USA free in lobby.

Now the bad:

1. My room was not cleaned on the two Sundays I was here. This was a small oversight: I know maids were in the hotel on at least one Sunday, they simply overlooked my room.

2. More seriously, there was a significant problem with all-night rowdy neighbors on both a Saturday and the following Sunday nights. Folks running back and forth from room to room, being loud in the hallways, banging on doors, etc. It went on for hours on Saturday: I finally called security at perhaps 11:00, but they started back up at midnight or so, and went on until I finally gave up and told the hotel to get me another room for the rest of the night, which they gladly did. The desk clerk mentioned that I wouldn't have a problem in my temporary new room, as the floor it was on, and the floor above it, were completely empty. Of course I then wondered why they had moved weekend-only guests into the rooms adjoining mine and immediately across the hall. Sunday night all was fine until about 2:30 AM and then it broke loose again. I called the front desk, security supposedly came up, but the activity continued unabated. I finally gave up and left for work at 5:00, an hour early, because sleep was hopeless. I spoke with the manager that day, and she apologized profusely yet professionally. Marriott also provided me with some gifts for my trouble, which was nice. Part of the problem may have been the time of year: perhaps it was some late spring-breakers. They dressed like thugs, but it seems like a lot of kids dress that way these days.

Bottom line: I would happily stay at the Mobile Marriott again.

Room Tip: This is a plain tower, and the rooms all seem uniform in size. The map on the door doesn't indi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wanda W, Manager at Mobile Marriott, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Marriott-Mobile. We strive to make our guest have a flawless stay but sometimes things just don't go the way we intend. Thank you for the kind remarks concerning the staff. The hotel has great caring people that enjoy what they do and it shows through to the way they handle the guest. On the not so great part of your stay once again I apologize for the not so friendly guests that were checked in to the rooms around yours. Please come back and stay again as in a few short months the property will be finished with the renovations that include all new guest rooms and a wonderful updated restaurant and bar. Our fitness center is complete with all new state of the art fitness equipment and is rated in the top 5 of all Marriott hotels.
Once again thank you for your business and comments.

Been to Mobile Marriott? Share your experiences!